Technical To fit blinds in your multipla - or not?

Currently reading:
Technical To fit blinds in your multipla - or not?

OK guys,

I have bought and fitted a set of custom blinds for my multi. Cost for purchase was just over £60.00. Can be bought from eBay.

The alternative would be to have the windows tinted professionally at a cost of around £300 - £400.

Fitting the blinds is relatively simple:

1. Affix the clips (see photo's below) to the interior of the rear doors - these are self fixing sticky pads. Two per door, fixed to the door frame on one side only, one below the other.
  2. Inset blind to the clips (the blinds have a rolled metal frame) and bend slightly while pushing into the opposite corner - the blinds are custom so are made to fit within the available window space perfectly
  3. For the rear quarter lights simply push the blinds into the space. Fit with a push - no clips needed nor supplied
  4. Open boot, fix two clips to the bottom of the window frame. The rear window blinds are two-piece, so, fix one side first (using one clip) and push blind into the corners and edges. Repeat process on other side.
  5. Fixing the rear blind requires a little more effort to really line up, but shouldn't take you any longer than 3 minutes or so

Ease of operation - 10 /10
Finished look (IMO) - 9 / 10
FInished fit - 8 / 10
Quality of material - 10 / 10
Time to complete 10 /10

Problems? There are a few

1. The rear blind has a habit of seperating everytime you shut the boot with force
  2. The kids in the back complain, as looking through the blinds makes your eye's go wierd!! I agree with them..
  3. You should not wind the windows down (in the rear) fully as it can blow the blinds out when travelling at speed. You can go down a third though

So, worth it or not? Well, I think yes, for the cost, the improved looks and levels of shade achieved in the rear they are worth it. Also, with these (rather than professionally fitted tints), you can simply remove them in the darker winter months, this improves visibility.

Pictures below of dubious quality..

Attachments

• PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    544.6 KB · Views: 46
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    563.7 KB · Views: 46
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    527.6 KB · Views: 37
  • PICT0006.JPG