General to bad-boy, or not to bad-boy

Currently reading:
General to bad-boy, or not to bad-boy

de-badge, or badboy?

• Total voters
.....that is the question.

lookin at front end plans, not the best effort i know, but its just to give me an idea.

basically i want the abarth apron smoothed off, but am undecided about the bonnet.

normal de-badge, or get a bad-boy as well?

de-badge.jpg

normal de-badge obviously

bad-boy.jpg

or go for the meaner look?

:confused:

A man after my own heart!

Smooth badboy all the way :yum:, and I'm talking about the bonnet and not your pimping capabilities :cool:

not a fan of bad boys either, bit done to death now, they were hot about 10 years ago on R5GTTs, but now, nah, tis for chavs, and TBH i don't even like the de-badged look either, I prefer a badge on the car, looks more cohesive from a design point of view.

Why don't you try something different, like getting the front section vented either side of where the badge is, a bit like the punto boys do with Cinq ornamental gaskets, have a play if you going to spend money on it make it different.

thats my 2pence worth :D

Aaron.

Last edited:
lambert82 said:
But ignore Arc, he's more into go than show :p

yeah, but its the front of everyones cars i'm gonna be able to see in my mirrors - so they need to be pleasing to my eye. Not fussed about the backs, i'll not be seeing them :p

J333EVO said:
Why don't you try somthing different, like getting the front section vented eitehr side of where the badge is, a bit like the punto boys do with Cinq ornamental gaskets, have a play if you going to spend money on it make it different.

thats my 2pence worth :D

Aaron.

I considered putting the Cooper S vent on my sei bonnet, but I don't think it would work with the Cinq's squareness, be nice to see one done though, and surely would help with the cooling

J333EVO said:
Looks so much better now, was far to plain before, and i put badges on the boot, i especially like my turbo i.e. badge it has now :D

IMO i think that now u have done the mirrors it would look better smoothed, bodywork all blue, then mirrors and wheels matching, with a light smoke on the windows, make it blend together more... u kno wat i mean?

lambert82 said:
I considered putting the Cooper S vent on my sei bonnet, but I don't think it would work with the Cinq's squareness, be nice to see one done though, and surely would help with the cooling

I don't think it could be made to work as the central section of the Cinq bonnet had teh striker etc to lock the bonnet in position, but a pair of GT Tuning vents either side (item no. ES135) could work and look cool especially if the Fiat ornamental gasket are removed and therefore bumper looks smoother http://www.gttuning.com/ext_style.htm

Aaron.

Last edited:
mase said:
IMO i think that now u have done the mirrors it would look better smoothed, bodywork all blue, then mirrors and wheels matching, with a light smoke on the windows, make it blend together more... u kno wat i mean?

I don't like tinted windoes either, a part from the factory blue SoleXtra ones i have for my 'grale, again i think titnts look chavy.

Aaron.

paulbfd said:
I'd leave it as it is Mase, badge an' all. You'll be on a slippery slope to Burberry hell if you're not careful!

the only reason i am lookin at replacing it is cause the one on there isnt too good, it was off aaron wrecked cinq, so it slightly twisted from the accident, has a couple small dents in the passengers top corner, and it rather stone chipped.

if i could find a mint standard rosso bonnet, id just do that, as i quite like the abarth badge... but if i have to pay to get one sprayed, im goin to de-badge it as well.

thats why u wanted me to send u the pics yesterday! bumper looks good btw, and the badboy looks awesome imho, who cares if u get called a chav, badboy compliments the cinq big time imo, look too standard without... and red smoothed without badboy doesnt look right if im honest..

Craig

Back