Styling To answer all the Q's on mk1 bump strips

Currently reading:
Styling To answer all the Q's on mk1 bump strips

Lee_Gt

Decided a bot of debadging was needed today so I took the 16v badges off the sides, these were a piece of **** to remove and took me less than 5minutes. Then I took the black bump strip off on the side of the doors. This again was moderate to to. Easy to pull off and didn't realyy leave any glue behind, then I sponged it and used a MVC card to scrape off the glue whilst t-cutting it and scraping etc etc. On the passenger side after ripping it off it left some black rubber on the door which I couldn't get off by t-cutting so I used a sharp scewer to scrape it off and then t-cutting it and this brought it all off. Once it was all off I t-cutted it a few times and it's come up like new, no marks or fading. So I hope this answers people's questions on the door strip.

11-06-05_1723.jpg

Ordered some black smocked indicators and have my black wolfrace rims on order (y)

be warned that some mk1s have holes in the doors for the bump strips to go in

i started to take mine off as there was a bit loose anyway and under that bit, its all rusty so changed my mind and superglued it back on lol

Rusty? There was loads of black **** and grime and some crusty rust, but I just used t-cut original and it all came off.

Back