General Tipo scrapping crisis

Currently reading:
General Tipo scrapping crisis

Camo16

Hi all,

I've owned a 1989 Fiat Tipo DGT for years now. It's been off the road for a year due to a combination of (I hope) smallish problems - alternator needs replacing, engine overheats, electric windows are dodgy, some rust...

Anyway, I've just left my rental and my landlady tells me she needs the Tipo off her land by tomorrow evening. I'm in South Liverpool. Have called around a couple of garages, which say I'd be throwing good money after bad to try to repair the car.

What do you guys think? Looking for any viable option to keep it!!!

Thanks!

No, sadly not. The alternator issue means, even with a new battery, it won't run long.
These days I'm on your side of Chester, so if you can get here over the Mersey Gateway, I'm sure we can get the new alternator on. We can have a look at the heating issue, although it could be anything. I'm sure a new alternator won't be much, off of Ebay.

Reactions: ben
These days I'm on your side of Chester, so if you can get here over the Mersey Gateway, I'm sure we can get the new alternator on. We can have a look at the heating issue, although it could be anything. I'm sure a new alternator won't be much, off of Ebay.
That would be amazing! My Tipo is currently on a friend's drive in North Liverpool but I could maybe get someone to bring it closer to you! I am on eBay looking for alternators ...

Hi all I have a venerable 1995 Tipo 1.4ie (with towbar) that will not pass another MOT (20 December) so it will finally be scrapped after many years faithful service. I am on the Wirral Merseyside (near Chester !) so if anybody wants it to break for spares get in touch.

It has a towbar, 1.4 injection engine runs well valve clearances have been done, starter motor is new recon but sometimes sticks on worn starter ring. Car has blue check interior (partially fitted), Terminal rot to sills and RHS of car now sagging 1" !

Will put in classifieds anyway to please moderators but just thought I'd put it out there.

Back