Technical Tipo front seat

Currently reading:
Technical Tipo front seat

don

Anybody found a fix for front seat reclinng mechanism in a Tipo (1990). I drive with it reclined somewhat and it has a trait of sliping once a little extra pressure goes on-up hill or at the testing station(garage) It needs sorting from a safety angle. Have partially stipped the seat and found mechanism a cylinder with a rod which runs through it. This rod is grabbed by what looks like a collar which is supposed to lock it. Is there wear on rod or collar? or is it something else. Cannot source another seat so will need to deal with it. Any ideas out there would be appreciated before I strip it down. Thanks.

i have an entire 3dr sedicvalvole interior if you like, I will sell it for a very small amount if you can collect from worcester (prob just swap it there and then perhaps). Mail me, address should be in my signature. How does 40quid sound?

rich

Thanks Rich for the offer of seats. I live in N.Z. so it may be rather difficult to get to England for some seats. Any how I decided to take the seats apart yesterday. After having dissasembled the lower part of the seat, grease had worked its way from the forward backwards tracks up onto the stainless rod which runs through the locking mechanism. So I cleaned this rod and squirted methelated spirits with a syringe into the centre part of the locking mechanism . I manually worked this backwards and forwards to make sure it was all clean from grease. I repeated the same on the other side. Refitted the seat. It works a treat. This may be of some use to somebody some day. Thancks to all those who looked at my inquiry.

Back