Technical Tipo 2017 door rattle?

Currently reading:
Technical Tipo 2017 door rattle?

Hi, I have a 2017 Tipo Easy Plus SW MJet 120 with around a 1000miles on it. It has developed an irritating buzzing/rattle in the rear area of the drivers door. Sort of where the exterior handle sits. Its not loud, but because it is not far from your ear, you tend to keep listening to it. Anyone else had similar issues?

Yep same here !,i thought it was the glass rattling but as you say it coming from the lock area,time to book it into Fiat unless someone finds a simple cure

The cars been in all day at Fiat,apparently the technician has done a few things and is confident he's cured it,he just wants to check first thing just in case the overnight cooler temps alters things,so top marks for being thorough,'ll update with the outcome tomorrow.

The cars been in all day at Fiat,apparently the technician has done a few things and is confident he's cured it,he just wants to check first thing just in case the overnight cooler temps alters things,so top marks for being thorough,'ll update with the outcome tomorrow.

Well silence has returned !,the rattle was the door latch,they adjusted the striker so the
lock is held tighter,latch and rods/cables greased and seals lubricated,even adjusting the postion of the seat belt on the passenger side so it doesn't cause a noise.Warrington Fiat have done well.

I have this problem too. I am waiting to find some time to book it in. Thanks for the info, may prove useful.

Panda (y)

Thank you to all responders to my original query.
I did cure this problem myself, firstly I took the plunge and
removed the door card and peeled back part of the membrane. I did find that the shaft that links the outside door-key barrel to the inner door lock mechanism is a rattle-fit in it's hole in the mechanism (there may be a sleeve missing?). I put a piece of duct-tape around the shaft to stop any metallic rattle.
However, a test drive after re-assembly still produced a noise.
I remembered that soon after taking delivery of the car, I waxed it totally, including all the door shuts, and that when it rained, the noises stopped.
So I then used some silicon spray and cleaned around the door aperture, all the door rubbers, and the window guide channels. Hey presto, noise gone!
So please try the silicone spray first, before removing the door card!
If you need some tips on removing the door card, let me know.

Hi, my whole door rattles in its frame when going over bumps - Tipo diesel 2016
Bit different to a door mechanism rattle but anyone else’s doors moving?:confused:

Ok will do, it only does it on bumpy roads so I must select a bumpy road near the dealer eh. Will keep you posted.:slayer:

The same problem. Turkish assembly at its best ;)
on 01-01-2019 i am out of warranty, so i cannot complain to a dealer anymore :( dealer fix it 3 times, everytime after 100km or so noise returns. i gues will have to figure it out myself a guick solution. If it's no more than 15 min fix each times. should be fine. but....

My 2018 Tipo S-Design had a metallic rattle from the offside front door for a while. It seems to have quietened down for now, but if it starts again I'll be getting it looked at, at some point. The nearside front window squeaks really badly when you wind it down too. Obviously a disgruntled employee in the Turkish factory fitting the front doors on these Tipos!

Fortunately that and abysmal fuel economy from the T-Jet engine are my only gripes, but I did think changing to petrol after 14 years of Fiat diesels would be a difficult change :p:rolleyes:

I have a door rattle in lock area of drivers door LHD. Vehicle is 2021 year and had done 7500km when problem started. Been in dealership twice. Removed and replaced rods etc. but rattle still there. Interesting point, it is definitely worse in very hot sunny weather. That would mean small expansion of parts of the door lock assembly creating play between internal parts. Am going to try the silicon spray fix and see what happens. Will ask dealership to adjust door lock striker. Vehicle is still under warranty. Anyone with other fixes please post messages for me. Thanks.

I have a 2021 Tipo 5 door LHD. Rattle in rear side of drivers door started at about 7500km. Vehicle has been at 2 Fiat dealerships. First one played with rods to door lock mechanism no change. Second one changed the door lock mechanism, no change. Trying to think constructively of what can be wrong and from the work that has been done on the car without success I can only assume the cause is a factory assembly process problem or an inherent design fault. I am going back to Fiat.fr to obtain their assistance.

Definitely not related to the window carrying equipment..?

Thats an obvious part to suffer heat expansion..

Try and introduce 'packing' around the glass.. so its supported in a slightly different position..

Rolled : folded newspaper is good.. it doesnt need much :)

Thanks for response. I'm not understanding your first two sentences. They seem to conflict. When you say around the glass is that left, right, top bottom. This is a new car. Not to happy putting news papers in widow openings . Thanks

IF the window glass..or the support frame are the problem

Reducing any gap COULD highlight that difference

YES its a new car.. and 2 visits to FIAT have failed to correct this issue..

The sound..
Is it a dull vibration(plastic)..or a metallic rattle ?

OK, I'll try what you suggest and feed back to you. The noise is like a tapping/ knocking over undulating road. Can't say it is metal or plastic. Sometimes soft noise other times very audible. Thanks for your interest.

I use gummi pfledge rather than silicone spray. It’s designed for rubber door seals so lasts longer than silicone to quieten the rattles. Usually lasts a few months between applications. I personally think it’s because the door rubbers on these is a lot drier feeling than cars of old so not so self lubricating. You can hear the creaking noise if you press the door frame on the front and rear door from outside. It will make a creaky noise. after gummi pfledge, no noise and the noise when driving is gone. Or, it is on mine anyway!

I use gummi pfledge rather than silicone spray. It’s designed for rubber door seals so lasts longer than silicone to quieten the rattles. Usually lasts a few months between applications. I personally think it’s because the door rubbers on these is a lot drier feeling than cars of old so not so self lubricating. You can hear the creaking noise if you press the door frame on the front and rear door from outside. It will make a creaky noise. after gummi pfledge, no noise and the noise when driving is gone. Or, it is on mine anyway!
Hi Batius, thanks for the tip. Will check where I can get it.

Back