Styling Tints!

Currently reading:
Styling Tints!

PuntoMarkOfGY

i know its likely to vary in price from place to place

but how much did the tints for all your punto's cost?

if you have them of course:yum:

i got a diy kit off ebay precut for my car for £39.99, thats all windows except the windscreen, haven't got round to fitting it yet, just been doing research on how not to mess it up so far by reading the forum and checking the internet, when i do come round to fitting it i'll post pics if i haven't buggered it up (y)

i got all 5 done, back 3 in medium/dark and front 2 in medium/light for £120 in bournemouth :) i think it was autowindscreens, cant rly remember now

havent really got a decent pic of them to see the tints clearly.. sozz

Trist I have to say that your really brave trying to do it your self. I had ago at that it aint to easy u got have alot of patience. Only thing i did wrong was that i didnt take the sticky backing off lol so it just sucktiond on! What a prat hay! but to get every little crease out can be hard.

I say its worth paying the money to get it done Professionally can't really remember how much mine was but i got it done at car2tint in huntingdon.

v~sIde

i read somewhere that you can have up to a 25% tint on your windscreen allowing 75% of light through.
this right or a bunch or crap? :)

yeah there are laws about the level of tint you can have on your front 3 windows, above 75% and you're fine, below that and you can face a 2 grand fine if you don't take it off, :mad:

well that sucks. so i was thinking of having 25% on the windscreen and front sides and 50% on the back sides and back. that ok? (y)

your not allowed anything on your windscreen iirc

and then 75% on your front two, and whatever your want on the others

im pretty sure you can. every website about the laws of tinting have all said you need to allow 75% of light through the windscreen. meaning you can have up to a 25% tint on your windscreen.
ive looked at several websites and theyve all said this, can someone confirm? :rolleyes:

except punto mk2 (not sure about mk1) front windows come with a slight tint on them already straight out the factory so any tint on them will be illegal.

from experience .. back 3 windows tint limo black no probs but the front 3 different matter if already tinted leave well alone....dont try to do a DIY job believe me always look crap... you pays your money you take your chance:D

well ive got a mk1 punto. no tints on at the moment. so all go for the front 3 25%, back 3 50% tinting??? (y)
or am i being a twit with an a? :cool:

i meant legally is that ok? but cool! (y)
darker hey... hows 70% tinted then? :devil:
hehehe.

erm i really not fond of the limo black. i think 70% should be more than enough for me (y)

Back