General Tints

Currently reading:
General Tints

NKC_89

anyone know any good tinting places around dudley or local>? becuase i really want to tint my puntomk2.5 1.2 active 8v 5 door...thinking of getting the silver blendin into blac effect but mates keepsayin get just black done ne tips??wat u think? if i do get my tints just black thinking of getting 35% on the three bac windows and 10% on the front two?/will it luk gud?..also how much can i tint my windows by...

anything behind the B-pillar is fine, when it comes to back tints.. just think van :p but you cant tint your front ones at all, legally. some places wont even tint the fronts, the place i had my back ones done wouldnt. so i did them myself, ive personally not had anything said to me by the police, but i know people that were made to rip them out there and then.
you;re not insured having front tints, if you have an accident they'll blame the front tints and say it was reduced/poor visability that caused it.

:)

I didnt even know its illegal to slighty tint the front 3, i thought the front has to have at least 75% of light going through, so i thought 35% was the maximum tint for the front windows? I would get 95% tint done for the back windows.

Heres a members car, same as yours MK2.5 im sure the rear windows are 95% tinted, pretty dark..

punto004vt3.jpg

its 70% on the side windows and 75% on the windscreen i believe.

but much like the law on undercar neons.. the police arent always 100% clear on the law themselves! lol

"excessively dark" windows are obviously a no no, but lighter ones you can probably get away with. so anything above 30% of light is alright

well thanx peopl for helping rather ask you lot then a tint place, bcus gt a quote for £140 for the back three windows and the front two at 10%. he didnt tell me that i couldnt tint the front two but thanks ppl for your replys... and yo that black punto luks too sikk!!

I know sumone who got the same done cost them £180, so thats a good price, what colour is your car NKC? Also Kayl0rz was right it is illegal by Uk law currently states that the front driver and passenger cannot be tinted - apart from a clear security film. The back windows can be treated with any shade, the frontscreen must be free of any shading, apart from a 6" sun strip along the top, i read up this last night. lol But with only 10% on the front dont think they will bother will be hardly noticeable.

Heres a members car, same as yours MK2.5 im sure the rear windows are 95% tinted, pretty dark..

punto004vt3.jpg

That car looks very familiar to me....

Yeh think the law states there must be at least 75% of light going through the front, so it would have to be a very light tint on the front, however i think the law changed so that after 2003 or whenver it was it was ilegal to add an 'after' tint to the front windows, although alot of people still do it, providing you do let the 75% of light through the front i think the police are alright about it and dont get ar*ey :eek:

There is a place in Penkridge my mates were talking about the other day and he got a quote £100 for full back tints and two side windows (5 in total). That was on a corsa b:eek:.

Don't know exactly where it is or what its called but i'll try and find out for ya. Not too far from Dudley really. Just a blast down the A449(y) Not bad if you can get em done for about £100. only problem is, until my mate has them done I don't know what the quality is like.

soz for the late reply my cars is a silver grey colour like the mercedes silver looks well gud.........safe yh for aqll you responds

Back