Grande Punto Timing chain

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Timing chain

Paulc5060

Is there anyway of checking the chain without stripping it all down , got some nose coming from the auxiliary drive
Belt on start up but goes when Car is warm thinking of changing the water pump and new belt help please

Just been told it's the bottom pulley is it easy to fix and how do I do it please help !

He did say it was the one with rubber on it
But I did not see which one how can I find this out also how easy are they to fit and we're can I get them from Help!!!!

Changing the crankshaft pulley is not the first job a diy mechanic should attempt , unless you buy a manual , read and understand the instructions in the manual,have all the tools required and know someone who can do it for you ,should your attempt go wrong.
Pay someone else to do this for you. If you want to learn ask if you can watch how it's done.
Doing your own fluid level checks , then oil and filter changes is a much better place to start learning.

I do most jobs so don't see this as a problem like I said I don't no which one it is ?
Thanks
Paul

No offence meant.
From reading your post it has to be the pulley that auxillary belt is driven by.
The big one on the outside.

Last edited:
Try the usual parts suppliers , put your reg number in their online system and look for crank pulley.
Or crankshaft pulley.

Sorry why does this make that noise you hear it more when you pull away but it's not all the time
Thank
Paul

Try Google search purpose of torsional vibration damper.

Look at it there is the water pump and the crankshaft pulley
What is the one below?

When pulling away the engine produces large sharp pulses of torque each time fuel is burned in a cylinder.
This causes the crankshaft to accelerate very quickly.
If crank pulley ,which is also a torsional vibration damper ,is starting to fail these pulses of acceleration are passed to aux belt. The aux belt cannot accelerate as fast as pulley so it slips small amount on each cylinder fire causing noise and the belt to wear.
You may want to change belt at same time as pulley.

Ok thanks looking at it 4x13m bolts holding it on so don't look that hard to do drop the front wheel off .have you done one ?

Hi Paul,

JFYI:

Regards, Bernie

Attachments

• Belts 1.3mjt.JPG
    Belts 1.3mjt.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 38
Back