General Timing belt change

Currently reading:
General Timing belt change

Paul-C

Hello out there! this is my first thread on this forum.
I will be giving my grandson's new car (Oct.99 model Punto 8 valve) a service this weekend, it has 80k on the clock so I will be changing plugs, oil, filters etc. and I want to check the condition of the timing and auxillary belts at the same time hence the thread.
I have bought the Hayes manual and am conversant with general servicing (looking after my own Volvo)
Is there any potential problems checking the timing belt, thinking about getting to the belt, belt tension etc. also any advice on what else to look for with this series car>
Thanks in anticipation
Paul-C

at 80000 miles its overdue so if your planning on checking the belt/tensioner you may aswell spend the extra hour or so and replace them.

however, "IF" the cambelt snaps, no damage will be caused to the engine so if it was me id leave it alone till it does break but then you have the inconvienece of it snapping during a journey, up to you to weigh it up though.

at 80000 miles its overdue so if your planning on checking the belt/tensioner you may aswell spend the extra hour or so and replace them.

however, "IF" the cambelt snaps, no damage will be caused to the engine so if it was me id leave it alone till it does break but then you have the inconvienece of it snapping during a journey, up to you to weigh it up though.

:yeahthat:

(y)

Back