General Time for ANOTHER cinq (No.4)

Currently reading:
General Time for ANOTHER cinq (No.4)

sports cats are crap... they are basically the same as a normal cat but with bigger holes in catalyst so less restriction but less contact area.
sooo the best thing to do is get a standard cat and fit that for the mot then decat/sport cat for normal use.

oooor fit OE cat from a much larger engine car this will give you the best of both worlds (if you can find enough space to fit it) of very high contact area and high flowing :)

its the EU emissions there on euro 4 at the moment and soon moving onto euro 5

Ash
I know that ash, trucks in the UK are already running 'Euro 5' emissions equipment. What i meant, that may not have been clear, was why do C&B list the option of Euro 0,1,2,3 or 4 on the cam spec page for a 15+ year old engine?

sports cats are crap... they are basically the same as a normal cat but with bigger holes in catalyst so less restriction but less contact area.
sooo the best thing to do is get a standard cat and fit that for the mot then decat/sport cat for normal use.

oooor fit OE cat from a much larger engine car this will give you the best of both worlds (if you can find enough space to fit it) of very high contact area and high flowing :)
good call didnt think of 'larger' cats route it does make sense now you say it i immediately thought something out of a 2 litre?
another 'idea' i had was since im planning to have it twin exit do i run twin pipes down the car with 2 cats then i could use original cats but theyll only have half the flow running through them!

why do i think that everything apart from the MPI, body and interior were only different on the sei... i swear floor pan and suspension etc etc is exactly the same``

good call didnt think of 'larger' cats route it does make sense now you say it i immediately thought something out of a 2 litre?
another 'idea' i had was since im planning to have it twin exit do i run twin pipes down the car with 2 cats then i could use original cats but theyll only have half the flow running through them!
or just fit a cat on one side then just tell them to test emissions from the one with the cat.

i thought about running a 4-2 with no balancing between the 2 pipes cos it would sound a little better. ill bet i could pick up a couple of cats cheap enough if i looked around!

i thought about running a 4-2 with no balancing between the 2 pipes cos it would sound a little better. ill bet i could pick up a couple of cats cheap enough if i looked around!

cats at scrap are around £50 selling it to a scrappy so they will charge you more to buy they off you, even then they would probably be burnt or chopped off and steel so rusty

how would you plan to have the twin exhaust ?

straight to the back or a cheeky side exit?

as said there isnt a great deal of room under there due to fuel and brake linse

Ash

same route the standard one takes but forking at the spare wheel well with flexis and some kind of silencer to exit at the back bumper. planned to have the cats as either a 'mani-cat' type affair but slightly offset due to the space behind bumper (possibly re-route that damn 4 way water hose) or run both cats in the standard place (but offset) ive seen 'universal cats' whick was ANOTHER idea i had

yeh id just fit one large cat.
one big cat will be cheaper and flow more then two small ones plus take less space.

also if you are fitting them further back then it will take longer to get enough heat for them to start up and having only half the gas flowing will only make it worse... where one cat will start up sooner

i think im slowly comming round to 4-2-1 then Y for the twin exit at rear beam!
(whitz's idea initially, im just going with the flow!)

Last edited:
Back