Technical Throttle Potentiometer Fault

Currently reading:
Technical Throttle Potentiometer Fault

if its a white/yellowish slime then its normal to have it on the connector, its probably spray grease to stop corrosion.

i had a feeling the 1.2 would have different wires. that means its not listed in haynes and i cant find the wiring diagram anywhere. crap

we need to find someone with a wiring diagram for the 1.2 ignition and fuel injection system. any ideas anyone? has the TIS CD got it?

just found out the same bosch 0132008650 tps is used on the alfa romeo 156 2.0TS. has anyone got a ignition and fuel injection system haynes wiring diagram handy for that car? does it have the same colour wires, or even the same amount? a copy of the diagram would help if someone has it.

you could try disconnecting the temp sensor and leave the tps connected to see what happens. if it works ok then the temp sensor may be to blame.

if you have 6 wires it means the tps is part of a open system with other sensors, a standard closed system tps will have 3 wires and will only connect to the ecu, when you have more it usually means the tps sends or recieves signals to or from other sensors as part of a open feedback system to the ecu. these type of configurations are difficult to diagnose at home, i think a diagnosis with fiat equipment would be best. guessing which sensors are involved or what route the signals take is bloody difficult without a wiring diagram.

i'm sure you only have a sensor or wire fault, people always seem relieved when i say that, but these type of faults are always the hardest to find. people assume a diagnostics check will explain exactly what the problem is, but on a complicated arrangement a single fault code could mean several things are potentially wrong. i hate modern electrics, give me a carb any day

Oh ya, I am up for it after this experience. Thanks Jug, I will go to fiat and get it diagnised. In the meantime will unplug the TPS and run the car. Thanks a lot Jug.

Back