Technical Those damn pot holes

Currently reading:
Technical Those damn pot holes

on my way home from work today I was going down a country lane at about 30mph and went over a pot hole as deep as loch ness! now there's a squeaking coming from the front wheel. I haven't had a look at it yet as it's dark.
any ideas what it could be???

shock might be blown, thats what happened to mine, all the potholes in this city + 36 or 38 (depending which way I go) huge square speedhumps between here and uni everyday, killed my 14month old shox

other thing it could be is wheel bearing is past it, like the cage that holds the bearing elements apart has disintergrated (thats what happened to my rears, have yet to figure out how to get them out of the fricking hub!!) and squeeeleeelll like banchees when doing less than 10mph or more than 60mph

oh and for you to be doing 62mph in a mk1, your speedo will read 80mph!!!! Well mine does, and thats with 70series tyres instead of the correct 65series, so in actual fact my speedo SHOULD be underreading. Also 30 on the clock = 22mph real time! I go soooo fast now in 30's, I do, oh wait for it 30mph!! and get such looks from pedestrians as I wooos past at 30mph in a 30!!:slayer:

Back