Currently reading:
This should be pretty one sided Saxo VTS or 106 GTi

The VTS or the GTi?

• Saxo VTS

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 106 GTi

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters
Well, pretty much the same car, same engine and same performance (I think, sites seem to claim between 7.5 and 8.5 for the 60 sprint for either car)

So its down to styling, cost and reputation.

So which one would you get? You decide

So its down to ..........and reputation.

2006.jpg

Personaly Ide say the 106 gti, just becuase they seem to be a bit rarer than the Saxo equivelant.

Only reason I would go for the saxo is because the arches on them kick ass :D

:yeahthat:

the reason both suck badly is the interiors. its like stepping into a bottom of the range late 80s car (not as bad as a cinq, but very close!)

Different styling too Troy, and different crowds.

IMO it comes down to more stuff being made for the saxo, but the pug is rarer. Is that a good thing? I think so

The styling differences aren't that much really, mainly the front. Not sure what sort of crowds they attract, neither were sold in Aust.

Personally I like the look of the 106 over the Saxo, with it's family resemblance to the 306 and 406. But wasn't the Saxo available a number of years after the 106 was discontinued? Being able to buy a newer Saxo would be an advantage wouldn't it?

Troy.

Later Saxos were cheapened and the price dropped, the interiors took a downward turn to target the young market and keep the price low, earlier cars were better and the very early grille was better imo, what was all that ****e they did with blue dials? load of crap. Mk1 vtr/vts took up where the 205 left off I reckon, yeah it did get picked up by the chav brigade later on once they fell into the affordable catagory. My VTR had superb depreciation paid £10,840 (how much!!!!) in 1997 sold 3.5 years later for £7000, could any fiat match that, no way. Of course the cracking 2 years free insurance deal was good value.

I reckon the 106GTI is much much rearer and had more conservative styling, didn't have the junior vtr model and price tag to match fewer people would spend £14k on a mini rocket so it never really sold in big numbers. Just a bit too conservative, the Saxo hit the nail on the head and filled a gap in the market.

Back