This Cinq's belong to anyone on Here?

Currently reading:
This Cinq's belong to anyone on Here?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I'd put that down to a trick of the light, BUT there is one thing...

why has it got 899 fron indicators? they should be clear on a Sporting :chin:

It belongs to me, and I can assure you that it is genuine, and has not been in any accidents- certainly in the last 4 years since I bought it, and since I have had it down virtually to a bare shell when removing the engine , gearbox, front suspension + brake calipers etc, rear suspension, fuel tank exhaust system, rear brakes, etc, and ensured that there is NO corrosion underneath, I can assure you that the shell is virtually perfect, and that the back wheels are correctly positioned, and that it drives perfectly! I put in new front lamps, (genuine Fiat parts bought from Mangoletsi) in the process of renewal: some of them may not be as originally fitted, but there is no question of this being a phoney. We do have some cynics amongst us!:mad:
For interest, the TB is from Tricker, and the ECU by McCritch. It did turn out to have a faulty head gasket when I bought it, but I had lots of satisfaction getting the head sorted (Border Engines, Berwick on Tweed- high class people) and put it onto the Sei (MPI) engine rather than swap the MPI head because the electronics/wiring loom problems looked awkward.
Any way it goes really well, and I am a bit taken aback at the thought that I might be seen as some sort of con-man:bang:

It belongs to me, and I can assure you that it is genuine, and has not been in any accidents- certainly in the last 4 years since I bought it, and since I have had it down virtually to a bare shell when removing the engine , gearbox, front suspension + brake calipers etc, rear suspension, fuel tank exhaust system, rear brakes, etc, and ensured that there is NO corrosion underneath, I can assure you that the shell is virtually perfect, and that the back wheels are correctly positioned, and that it drives perfectly! I put in new front lamps, (genuine Fiat parts bought from Mangoletsi) in the process of renewal: some of them may not be as originally fitted, but there is no question of this being a phoney. We do have some cynics amongst us!:mad:
For interest, the TB is from Tricker, and the ECU by McCritch. It did turn out to have a faulty head gasket when I bought it, but I had lots of satisfaction getting the head sorted (Border Engines, Berwick on Tweed- high class people) and put it onto the Sei (MPI) engine rather than swap the MPI head because the electronics/wiring loom problems looked awkward.
Any way it goes really well, and I am a bit taken aback at the thought that I might be seen as some sort of con-man:bang:

as said dont take it personally,anything posted in AW is open to critique. often can and has saved members from buying a dodgy motor/part.

but why did you fit orange front indicators? If you were doing such a thourough job surely you would of been able to wait for the right parts, or at least noticed if the wrong ones were delivered :confused:

Serin- the fact is that what I enjoy most is sorting things mechanically, and to me the cosmetic aspect is secondary. The original headlamps were well past their best, as were the side lamps, and I was not aware of the significance of whether the glass was coloured or not. I do remember, actually, that the original side lamps were clear. I have always, as both an Alfa and a Fiat fan, had great mail order service from Mangoletsi, and I generally just phone them, say what I need, and it arrives promptly and for reasonable cost. They probably told me they were out of clear ones, but had the coloured ones in stock, though I can't really remember.:(
(Actally, I made the mistake of buying a pair of headlamps off Ebay originally, and they were rubbish, and I just chucked them out and kicked myself for being a cheapo, and reverted to Mango.)
Thanks to others for their soothing messages- I do well understand, though, the need to be canny when buying off Ebay (or anywhere else, on trust). Having said that, I have only really been "done" once, and that was blatant misselling, and the seller was closed down by Ebay promptly. (That wasn't the poor quality head lamps- they were just 3rd rate copies of Fiat items, and in fairness, were being sold pretty cheaply, though new. They were probably Chinese made copies.)
By the way, the difference made by the combination of a row of balanced pistons, the improved head, the Tricker TB, the McCritch ECU, and the GSR intake is really remarkable- I do recommend them to everyone!:worship:

Last edited:
Back