General Thinking of selling my beloved barchetta

Currently reading:
General Thinking of selling my beloved barchetta

nixbarchetta

I am thinking of selling my beloved barchetta as I am just not using it :( I got made redundant last year and the poor thing has been sat not turning a wheel since October. Due to this the battery is completely flat (albeit new last March) and maybe other problems to due to it not being driven :confused:

It is due it's MOT today and I know it needs discs and pads all round and a service, the tax also expires at the end of the month. The body work could be better too, there is rust on both the wheel arches and a ding in the rear, it did have a new front bumper last year though after an idiot reversed into it when parked :mad: It's a UK supplied car and has done 85k miles.

I have owned it since December 2000 and it's always been very reliable and a good runner. Had the variator replaced under warranty in the early days, it is noisy sometimes but not as bad as when the first one went so never bothered replacing it again. It has a twin pipe DTR exhaust and a stainless downpipe done by someone local. Also a mohair roof, which has a small hole in but this does not leak at all. There was some welding work done underneath a few years ago and as far as I know this is still sound.

It seems a shame to just be sat there when someone could be enjoying it. It would make a great little project for someone who could sort the body work out and the bits of mechanicals required, and restore to former glory.

I have no idea of how to price it either as cannot see any for sale in a similar condition. It will be a big wrench for me to part with it but I just don't have the cash to get the MOT done and it's currently on a public road so I need to do something :( I have attached some pics, if anyone might be interested in coming and taking a look i'm in Cheshire. Anyone buying it would need to be able to transport it. The number plate in not included with the car. I will stick an ad in the classifieds if I can bring myself to do it :cry:

Attachments

• IMG_1131[1].JPG
    IMG_1131[1].JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1132[1].JPG
    IMG_1132[1].JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1133[1].JPG
    IMG_1133[1].JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1135[1].JPG
    IMG_1135[1].JPG
    3 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1137[1].JPG
    IMG_1137[1].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1138[1].JPG
    IMG_1138[1].JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1139[1].JPG
    IMG_1139[1].JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1136[1].JPG
    IMG_1136[1].JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 47
I really feel for you, mate - I'd be gutted to have to let my LE go.

I think Steve is right - you'll struggle to get more than a few quid for it without an MOT, particularly as the bodywork needs work too. With an MOT on it, I reckon you'd more than get your money back, but if you haven't got the cash, then you haven't got the cash.

If I were closer to you I'd be tempted to come & look at it as a project car for my daughter, but I'm the wrong side of the country.

Hope you manage to sort something out. All the best, Gareth.

Last edited:
Hi Have you still got the barchetta,what are you wanting for it and where are you located?
Thanks mark

I got my b back on the road :) Cost me rather a lot in the end: new discs/pads all round, battery, handbrake cable, wiper motor and some other bits :eek:

BUT it's still just sitting there so Mark if you're still looking i'm in Macclesfield, Cheshire. I've had a look what's for sale and I think something around the £2500 mark would be about the right price, any guidance on that from anyone? :confused:

I'll be devastated to see it go but there's no point in it just sitting there :cry:

Hi, sorry to hear of you having to sell your Barchetta.
I was hoping to meet with you and others in the Staffordshire, Cheshire and Derbyshire area's. Some places to meet would have been Jodrell bank, Rudyard lake and Carsington Water. Please let me know what happens.
Brian

Back