General Thinking of selling my Barchetta...

Currently reading:
General Thinking of selling my Barchetta...

afroking

Established member
Hey guys and girls,

I recently got taken out in a Fiat Coupe 20VT and an Alfa 156 GTA. Awesome cars but I have fallen in love with the Coupe. Insurance is only £200 more per year fully comp.
Now I am looking into selling up and buying one after Christmas just in time for insurance to run out in late January.

So how much is my car worth?

90,000 miles
Original paint in great condition
New mohair roof
Hardtop
Full service history
Cloth interior, no aircon.
Pics can be found in 'my garage' section.

Thanks,

Adam.

about 2.5-3 depending on year. If condition is genuinely very good, ask more. Secondly, the 20V Turbo coupé is excellent, but can be a money pit. Really, really inspect the car well, as most, if not all, have had the ass kicked out of them.

about 2.5-3 depending on year. If condition is genuinely very good, ask more. Secondly, the 20V Turbo coupé is excellent, but can be a money pit. Really, really inspect the car well, as most, if not all, have had the ass kicked out of them.

Cheers buddy, my car is a 2000 or 'X reg'.

I know what to look for on the old Coupés but thanks for the advice. There probably isn't such a thing as a good one. :D

20 V are the closest you will get to the Ferrari set up (Well that's what the reviews said) handles and drives very well.

But as stated, check the whole car out. Clutch replacement on these is £700+

No room in that engine bay. They are actually very cheap due to the fact people are so scaired of them and know how expensive it is to repair.

16V is a safer bet.

Let us all know how you get on.

You car if superb condition £3.5k + (May even get £4.5k)s econd hand cars have gone up by 13% but convertibles at the mo are cheap. Wrong time of the year.

(y) Good luck with what ever you decide.

I've got the Marea in 20v form, I must admit that it's still a very decent drive even in saloon format. Also until yesterday it had sat idle for nearly 2 years whilst I lamely thought about selling her, well blow me down, after reconnecting the battery, sticking on jump leads and checking all of the levels, well she burst into life at the first turn of the key. Shows how sound the engine is.

20 V are the closest you will get to the Ferrari set up (Well that's what the reviews said) handles and drives very well.

But as stated, check the whole car out. Clutch replacement on these is £700+

No room in that engine bay. They are actually very cheap due to the fact people are so scaired of them and know how expensive it is to repair.

16V is a safer bet.

Let us all know how you get on.

You car if superb condition £3.5k + (May even get £4.5k)s econd hand cars have gone up by 13% but convertibles at the mo are cheap. Wrong time of the year.

(y) Good luck with what ever you decide.

I'm going to have to go for the 20 valve turbo. I'm pretty clued up on them and I'm in training to be a mechanic so it doesn't worry me.

Only thing that disappoints me is the rear suspension set up...

I'm looking for £3,000 with the hard top.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Just because some one mentioned the Marea - I know a man selling a 20V (60Kish on the clock), remapped, suspension setup for the bargain price of £500. Would make a fantastic track car.

Back