General Thinking About Buying This! What You Think?

Currently reading:
General Thinking About Buying This! What You Think?

nathanstyles

Ive came across this car its a punto sporting 2003 (last of em) with 14000 on the clock but its had a smash on the front! do you think it would be easy to repair? and by the ways its £1500 also what would you think would need replacing?

thanx

Attachments

• 225097.jpg
    225097.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 225098.jpg
    225098.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 57
In the photos the body actually doesn't look too bad - from what I can see it needs wings, bonnet, bumper, headlight, and the slam panel and OS inner wing will more than likely need straightening. The parts shouldn't cost you more than £400 - everything but the wings can be got off scrap cars! However, before buying I'd want to be certain that the chassis and suspension is straight.

I'd say there's a chance the bulkhead may be out of kilter and the winscreen pillars may need straightening..................unless you have the necessary equipment to do it yourself to a high standard then this car is not for you.
As Jonny said, check the suspension, which could now be bent - the inner wings could be out of shape too................

Last edited:
thanks for your replies i think ill after go and see it to have a proper look the only problem is ill have to find a trailer from some one lol better to take the trailer in the 1st place cause im not making 2 journeys when its 180 miles away and 180 miles back lol. also what you think of the colour i think it would grow on me and the alloys look neat

Colour with those alloys looks great (y) Providing it doesn't cost you much in repairs, it seems a good buy, but would you not feel more re-assured and satisfyed if you spent a bit more on a slighty older one with a few more miles on the clock, instead of spending extra money on repairing it? But if you know what you're looking out for and it's only bodywork damage, seems like a bargain.

i got £1100 to spend on repairing it so i hope thats enough will soon see when i go up to see it

nathanstyles said:
how much does it cost to jig the car roughly? if that is the case

Unless you actually own a suitable jig, then its not worth your while :(

This is just a personal opinion but I would never buy a car that has had a heavy front end impact, In my view even after repair they are never the same car, always get slight niggling problems (but then again its Fiat so we are used to that).

My mate crashed his Fiesta Si a couple of years back and it needed to go on a jig, luckily his dad knew someone who could do it for him so he got it all repaired reasonably cheap but it was never the same car again, wheels rubbed, car felt tempremental on start up etc.

If you know what you are doing and can garentee you wont make a massive loss on it then go for it but just make sure you are fully aware of what you are taking on before shelling out all that hard earned cash

passenger side A pillar looks out, the passenger door seems to be away from the roof rail.

£1500 is too much £100 is more like what its worth, IT WAS WRITTEN OFF FOR A REASON!!! I.E costs more to fix than its worth, and still won't be perfect.

faster4_tec said:
passenger side A pillar looks out, the passenger door seems to be away from the roof rail.

£1500 is too much £100 is more like what its worth, IT WAS WRITTEN OFF FOR A REASON!!! I.E costs more to fix than its worth, and still won't be perfect.

Looking at the damage that car has had a heavy smack look at the width of damage & distance it's pushed in. I would be very wary about buying it for anything but a parts car.
It will need to go on a jig for certain & you would need to check distortion of the passenger cabin how do the doors fit & close, door gaps? I have had cars on a jig & if it is done correctly it is no problem in fact the car can be more accurate than original build. You may find that subframes are also distorted wishbones etc,etc. Get an expert to check it or walk away!

i rang them up and they wont go any lower on the price and it does need to be jigged they said :(

oh well the hunt for a car continues lol even if it aint a fiat punto sporting. i was looking at a suzuki ignis sport i know you may say there pensioners car but the sport looks kool and is pretty fast for what they are they got 107 bhp and do 0-60 in 8.6 secs so on paper it will beat a punto sporting :)

Attachments

• 42208703_1.jpg
    42208703_1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 42
Back