Off Topic These pedals are so close together they're really, uh... Crushing.

Currently reading:
Off Topic These pedals are so close together they're really, uh... Crushing.

Fizbne

So, I've sorted out my Sei and it should pass it's MOT. I have however come across another problem, but not with the car...

The pedals are really close together, so that means my legs are close together. And since I have cycling thighs of a demon, they really do crush everything that's down there...

So yeah, my balls hurt. Like, a lot.

Does anyone know how I can make the pedals a little bit wider? Or if they have aftermarket ones I can install?

I might go back to driving the Toyota because I don't think is actually healthy :/

yeah, i found this back when i had my cinq. heh i use to drive with my foot resting on the wheel arch and sort of twist my foot on the accelerator pedal like half on half off.. i also bent the pedal down a bit, that helped loads. not really a car you can drive with big boots on :/
other than that theres not much else you can do but get use to it :(

first thing i said when i got my panda was that its nice to have a car with wider spaced pedals and a larger accelerator pedal.

you do get use to it though dude, just keep at it. i also had my seat 2nd to last click back. the helped, also sounds daft but try putting the back of the seat up more so you are more upright. basically, try every sitting position. even one you would not even dream of using. maybe it might work.

heh good luck in the hunt for comfort.

I'm 6ft 5 and have put mk2 punto seats in that are height adjustable also I've lowered the rack 5mm, I sit fairly far back with the lumbar support half way through the adjustment and back sat up fairly straight, isn't it strange what some people will do to cram themselves into these little gokarts :)

Lee

Im 6' 2" with size 14 XXWide Feet, Ive never driven a Cinq or a Sei but Ive driven my Uncles DAX kitcar and the pedal box is 38cm wide!! My feet with my skinniest shoes on are 28cm wide :p
That leaves a nice 3.3cm between my two feet and the sides of the footwell!

After taking my shoes off and teaching my self to heel-toe the Brake and accel, I got the hang of it :p

(y)
I used to do some long arse commutes.....
Ta

dont wanna know about your sexual exploitations :D

lets get back on topic dont want whole of the interweb thinking fiatforums full of nymphomaniacs or complete and utter:tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser: :D

i find that if you cover brake and clutch with your left foot and move your right leg back, using your right foot at the bottom of your toes on bottom edge of accelerator pedal might give you more control as only one foot is actually in the footwell ;)

Sit in the passenger seat and get a girlfriend with small feet to drive ;)

23950313.jpg

Interesting that others noticed this...I almost totalled my brand new Sei driving it out of the dearlership! Hadn't even test driven one of these cars before taking ownership and still remember that feeling of panic trying to find the brake pedal with my big stupid feet!!...Amazing how you get used to things but amazing how near death experiences get your attention!

Interesting that others noticed this...I almost totalled my brand new Sei driving it out of the dearlership!

I did the same when I test drove my Punto: wondering why on earth the revs were so high when my foot was on the brake -- the pedals are so offset...!

Two months on, and I'm still in the habit of checking where my feet are, when I get into the car. Luckily, so far, I've always found them at the end of my legs.... :D

Back