General These Cars Are Great!

Currently reading:
General These Cars Are Great!

I've been considering replacing my Sei :stupid: but have decided to stick with it (y)

Other cars seem to be rubbish :eek:. I had never reallised how good Sei is.

I looked at a 107, which was bigger on the outside, but much smaller on the inside, and has a boot about the side of a letter box. Then the 206, which I needed to sit like a crab to use the controls.

Then I looked at a Panda :tempt:, this seemed pretty good, other than the fact that the seats don't fold completely flat, so it had less space than my Sei. Oh, it also doesn't look anywhere near as good as a Sei. I went for a test drive with high hopes though, but was completely bored. It was the most boring ride I've had, but to make it worse there was a horrible drone which was probably the road noise after it had been through the noise damening.

So, I had a rethink, and came up with the Smart car. Quite a nice car, but obviously with a smaller interior. However, I found it very had to get in and out of, I had to kinda lean over to get my leg past the steering wheel.

Why don't they make cars like the Sei? Small cars seem rubbish these days. At this rate I may consider test driving a Corsa :dead:

(y) Anyway, these cars really are amazing (y)

I want a Sei Sporting as a second car to mess about with the engine/doing it up etc. Cant wait until im on a half decent wage to afford it! ;)

Btw have you looked at a Fabia? :D But they're not that small...

Last edited:
wolfracepunto said:
I want a Sei Sporting as a second car to mess about with the engine/doing it up etc. Cant wait until im on a half decent wage to afford it! ;)

Btw have you looked at a Fabia? :D But they're not that small...

Get that man his coat :eek: :D

PNL said:
Get that man his coat :eek: :D

lol

I've have looked at the Fabia, on paper at least. It's big, thirsty, expensive, not particularly fast, and looks really dull. Would I really want to spend large somes of money on such a dull car? I think I'd rather stick with my Sei.

My Sei should be reliable, and very cheap to run.

I don't want to get another 2nd hand car, so a Sporting isn't an option :(. My car should do quite well though because I've recently replaced all of the tyres, front brakes, and it gets well serviced (oil change every 6 months).

I quite like the look of the Lupo :eek:

Emm said:
seat arosa??

he'll say they have stopped making them 2 :p lol

although the tuned 1.4's go like poop of a scoop, cant be any heavier standard really than the sei and with 100bhp standard can't complain.

mk1 punto 1.4 GT??, alot of go for the cubic!!!

really like em, although did an insurance quote, could get car for about £1600, insurance £2500 lol, maybe sum day.

I agree that sei is always gona be missed but if u don't try other things you'll never know if they are good.

i agree duckling also that the new VW 'FOX' is appauling looking.

turbo the sei if u dont wna let go ;)

eh emm???

normski c said:
he'll say they have stopped making them 2 :p lol

although the tuned 1.4's go like poop of a scoop, cant be any heavier standard really than the sei and with 100bhp standard can't complain.

mk1 punto 1.4 GT??, alot of go for the cubic!!!

really like em, although did an insurance quote, could get car for about £1600, insurance £2500 lol, maybe sum day.

I agree that sei is always gona be missed but if u don't try other things you'll never know if they are good.

i agree duckling also that the new VW 'FOX' is appauling looking.

turbo the sei if u dont wna let go ;)

eh emm???

Yep, Arosa's were stopped before the Lupo. Punto's are much bigger, I think I will wait until either the new Sei replacement, a hot-hatch Panda, or until my Sei dies.

I don't fancy Turboing my car because there could be signs of rust, and turbo's are expensive. If my car is just painted badly rather than rusty, my car could last a very long time though.

(y) Well said that man! I've thought exactly the same thing myself there is nothing else the size,& price of a Sei.Smart's, slower more expensive,& not as stable.Classic Minis overpriced for what they are,& rust.Everything else,just too stodgy,& big.You can't beat Cento's for the price!:devil: I think the only thing that I would swap for is a decent X/19.Or an old Triumph GT6,but they are a different ball game altogether.

The Ugly Duckling said:
I've been considering replacing my Sei :stupid: but have decided to stick with it (y)

Other cars seem to be rubbish :eek:. I had never realized how good Sei is.

I looked at a 107, which was bigger on the outside, but much smaller on the inside, and has a boot about the side of a letter box. Then the 206, which I needed to sit like a crab to use the controls.

Then I looked at a Panda :tempt:, this seemed pretty good, other than the fact that the seats don't fold completely flat, so it had less space than my Sei. Oh, it also doesn't look anywhere near as good as a Sei. I went for a test drive with high hopes though, but was completely bored. It was the most boring ride I've had, but to make it worse there was a horrible drone which was probably the road noise after it had been through the noise damening.

So, I had a rethink, and came up with the Smart car. Quite a nice car, but obviously with a smaller interior. However, I found it very had to get in and out of, I had to kinda lean over to get my leg past the steering wheel.

Why don't they make cars like the Sei? Small cars seem rubbish these days. At this rate I may consider test driving a Corsa :dead:

(y) Anyway, these cars really are amazing (y)

Guzzi Steve said:
Classic Minis overpriced for what they are,& rust.

Considering they were designed in the 50s, released in 1959 and were in continuous production until 2001 with over 5 million being built, they've turned into a bit of a cult car, hence the prices. 60s cars, mark 2s and all Coopers in particular have been valuable for ages, and even the base 850s/1000s get high prices. In the 90s, people bought a new classic mini for a fun car, not as their main car. 10K for a small car is a lot to pay for. You'll get rust in minis purely because of the age of the design. People forget that even a 2000 mini has a lot of 1950s technology (e.g. the mini's radius arms have grease nipples, how many modern cars have them?)

A seat Arosa is a good suggestion EMM well done :thumbsup: and they are very underestimated, also if your interested i can still get you a brand new one? with delivery millage ?

The seis are good yes but only the sporting when standard IMO the S&SX body roll too much standard, the seats arent supportive, theres no nice engine note, fuel ecconomy is good but not amazing theyre a good car but there is cars out there as good if not better i owned my cinq for two years and spent quite a bit on it and loved it and is still a nice car apart from the new owner treating it like **** :angry:

My arosa is such a different car but is amazing i considered a sei but it was too like a cinq and wasnt really quick enough, punto pretty much the same, panda hated the dash, smart not really quick enough unless tuned which i wasnt allowed and had a slow gearbox, clio is normal same as a 206 the 106 and cit c1 were a real disapointment and id have a cinq anyday over one of them

The new corsa's are damn good fact i nearly had one as they are underestimated and damn quick theyre built better than puntos and the like anyday have amazing brakes not too bad insurance and IMO look really nice and come well eqiuiped its the chavs out there that spoil the image unfortunately which is what puts some people off if your easily influenced by other peoples oppinions

wayne

The Cinq sporting is a great car, the Sei sporting less so.

The Seat Arosa felt dull and lifeless to me. No different for the Lupo 1.4. ( my impressions - yours may vary ). Also the Lupo was v thirsty.

I drove the Corsa today actually, and I was supprised. It was reasonable, although not good enough for me to sell my Seicento. The engine was very nice (1.2), it felt MUCH faster than the Panda I test drove, but there were a few bits I didn't like. There was no feedback through the steering wheel at all, it felt as if it wasn't even attached to the wheels. The car was too big for me, it felt big on the outside, the steering wheel was a little bigger than I would have liked, the mirrors looked like they were from a transit van, and the pedals felt massive (although I could get used to that).

I thought the grip was amazing, until I reallised that it had stability control :devil:, so when I was putting my foot down in the corners the car was actually slowing up lol.

I looked at the Aygo, and C1 today, I think the boots may be just big enough for my needs, but still not as practical as my Sei :(. The windscreen was very sloped which could feel horrible though.

I can't help thinking that the Panda I test drove had something wrong. It was the 1.2, and felt slow even comming from an 899cc Sei. The 1.2 Corsa was the complete opposite though, it felt fast, and then my Sei felt slow when I got back into it.

CheeseMaster said:
The Seat Arosa felt dull and lifeless to me. No different for the Lupo 1.4. ( my impressions - yours may vary ). Also the Lupo was v thirsty.

My arosa is a good car IMO and is surprisingly quick, i dont understand the dull and lifeless statement :rolleyes: as mine seems brilliant always wanting to go has character and is very playful when driving and it puts a smile on my face every time i get out of it :D like the cinq used to except this is while its standard you may also not know that a few of us lupo and arosa owners have upgraded from cinqs and seis and love both cars

The corsa i was having was a 1.4 Exclusive fully loaded with leather and leccys basically a modded SRi i deffo recomend you try the 1.4 sri there totally different to the 1.2 sxi youve probably driven with stiffer suspension, better brakes and plant your foot and flick it through the lanes no problem etc and only grp 5 insurance which is damn good for a car that does 60 in less than 10 seconds

The aygo, c1 and 106 are all exactly the same car made in a third world country and are appauling IMO they have no quality go compare a aygo to a yarris and the difference is very noticeable and i think theyre overpriced

I know a lad who works at fiat dealers near me and when he drove a new panda 1.2 active? he said he felt it was sluggish and very uninspiring to drive(n)

Depends what you want in a car if it was me id still be test driving cars till you find the one for you the seis and cinqs are good cars no matter what people say (i dont own one so not biased) but staying standard there IS better cars out there without doubt

whats your budget?

wayne

The younger modder said:
My arosa is a good car IMO and is surprisingly quick, i dont understand the dull and lifeless statement :rolleyes:
Thats the thing about opinions, everyone has one. I found the steering slightly heavy, not enough of the road surface was getting transmitted through the steering wheel and it lacked character inside. It also found the engine a bit gutless for the spec and the gearchange sloppy. A previously owned ( in the fleet ) Seat Ibiza GTi was similarly dissapointing and had significantly lower quality interior compared to our VW Polo 1.4 of the same family floorpan. To me, dull dull dull dull. Like the Vauxhall Astra 1.6 16v ( 2001/2002 model ) I was forced to drive. Much slower and had a similar engine feel to the 1.2 Panda ( more sedate, grown up ).

you may also not know that a few of us lupo and arosa owners have upgraded from cinqs and seis and love both cars
See above, everyone has a different opinion. It does not matter to me if you like them or not, or what you upgraded from. My impression differred. They are nothing special. I would be more tempted, if I was to buy something like that, to just go the whole 'boring feel' hog and buy a small Japanese supermini.

The corsa i was having was a 1.4 Exclusive fully loaded with leather and leccys basically a modded SRi i deffo recomend you try the 1.4 sri there totally different to the 1.2 sxi youve probably driven with stiffer suspension, better brakes and plant your foot and flick it through the lanes no problem etc and only grp 5 insurance which is damn good for a car that does 60 in less than 10 seconds
I'm guessing that doesn't refer to me, as I don't have an opinion on a Corsa never having driven one.

The aygo, c1 and 106 are all exactly the same car made in a third world country and are appauling IMO they have no quality go compare a aygo to a yarris and the difference is very noticeable and i think theyre overpriced
Whats your beef with third world countries? Which one is this you are referring to?

I know a lad who works at fiat dealers near me and when he drove a new panda 1.2 active? he said he felt it was sluggish and very uninspiring to drive(n)
Thats the thing about opinions, everyone has one. The Panda 1.2 is very different in feel to previous small engine FIATs, it is more GM in where its power comes in and leaves. It isn't as free revving as the older Sei Sporting either but it isn't designed for a boy racer feel. Note, I have in my fleet a 1.2 semi-automatic DualLogic and that feels quick enough for me.

Depends what you want in a car
Yes, precisely. :shakehead

Back