General There is only one Barchetta in Italy!

Currently reading:
General There is only one Barchetta in Italy!

I see a Barchetta in Italy every day, it's mine!!:):):)

About 70Km north west of Milan and 2Km from Lake Maggiore.

They are rare, I see 2 others locally, in teal green and a red.

Ah, I'd love to take my B to Lake Maggiore! I remember a memorable spring-time drive, many years ago, from Crans Montana to Verbania via the Simplon Pass. We had a splendid lunch at a little restaurant overlooking the lake. Heavenly! It would have been better still if we'd been in a B, and not a knackered old Peugeot!

I've been in Italy for a week now and so far have not spotted any Barchettas.
I miss my Barchetta. It would be a perfect car on the twisty roads here in Cervinia.

I live in Italy and have 2002 Barchetta Naxos. It's true, you don't see them too often. Italians aren't crazy about soft tops. They worry about air hitting them (seriously!) and when it's really hot they don't like it either. Most convertibles you see will have the top up anyway.. Yellow is the least desirable colour here as taxis used to all be yellow.

I live 20 miles from where they were built and see maybe one every two months. There are plenty here though, but I'm not sure when they drive them :)..

I presume you are talking about the infamous Italian 'colpo d'aria'!!! They are paranoid about it..What's always fascinated me is that it only seems to exist in Italy..winds me up :cry:

Just had 3 weeks in Italy driving from Basle down to Como, across to Venezia, then Firenze, back over to Ravenna and back to Como and Basle and saw one B!

It was blue and just outside Firenze coming off the twisting A65 I think it is.

Last edited:
In the last 2 weeks,I've seen 6 different cars in the South east.

3 silver ,yawn,red,blue and a black one today.

Must be the nice weather,oh hold on it was throwing it down in West Sussex

when the black one overtook me in my truck...(n).

Back