The wonders of a reward

Currently reading:
The wonders of a reward

Seraph

Orka inte
Bonus = £307.23

Tax = £386.46

Reward = Sweet FA. For those of you who use the NHS. i hope you're enjoying the services i'm paying for ;)

how bloody demoralising is that. I actually got near enough the same wage as this month as I would on any other month, despite having my bonus paid on there... Joke :mad:

custard boy said:
sing it................THATS LIFE ;)

Rephrase....THATS THE UK. (and Holland, and Sweden - but the differece wth them is that all their public ameiies are fully functional)

You would have paid tax anyway, even without the bonus. Of your £307.23, 22% will go as income tax, and 11% will go as National insurance, so you'll be left with £202.77 which (in my opinion) is better than nothing.
H

hmallett said:
You would have paid tax anyway, even without the bonus. Of your £307.23, 22% will go as income tax, and 11% will go as National insurance, so you'll be left with £202.77 which (in my opinion) is better than nothing.
H

yea, well because of the contributions to each made so far this year, I think the bonus has acutally pushed me into a slightly higher band.

Well the next band up is at £32400 of taxable earnings, so if that's the case, then you're not doing too bad!
H

hey u shud try working for the ym, one person in my department actually got a written warning for discussing her pay with other members of staff:eek:

altogether it's not fun to work for the YMCA!, which is why i went back to the council:D

Seraph said:
Bonus = £307.23

Tax = £386.46

Reward = Sweet FA. For those of you who use the NHS. i hope you're enjoying the services i'm paying for ;)

how bloody demoralising is that. I actually got near enough the same wage as this month as I would on any other month, despite having my bonus paid on there... Joke :mad:

Sod's Law strikes again :rolleyes:

Hold on, you won't be taxed more than the bonus itself, even if it has gone from the basic rate band to higher rate - it is as H said :confused:

So you are saying you got a bonus, but your net pay is 'less' than normal pay without the bonus? If that is the case, when you go back to normal pay next month, you will end up with more than usual ;)

Seraph said:
Bonus = £307.23

Tax = £386.46

We will all need the services one day also least you got a job,but I know how you feel....I remember national insurance was a small deduction from wages but thesedays it's over half as much as tax itself:mad:

charmed103 said:
hey u shud try working for the ym, one person in my department actually got a written warning for discussing her pay with other members of staff:eek:

altogether it's not fun to work for the YMCA!, which is why i went back to the council:D

plus you get everyone walking up to you going "Theres no need to feel down" :p :nerner:

i think i was misunderstood...
i wont be paying any more tax, per say, but because my monthly salary and tax is calculated on what I should pay in a tax year, this months has thrown my tax right off...
i'tll be compensated for by each other payment til the new tax year of course...

but it's still a boner.

GhostWKD said:
plus you get everyone walking up to you going "Theres no need to feel down" :p :nerner:

ha ha ha ha, did i say ha:D

rite back at ya:nerner:

apologies for this having nothing to do with the original starting post!:D

Back