the UTs time could soon be over.....

Currently reading:
the UTs time could soon be over.....

....getting bored of it sitting there doing nowt and getting fed up of chucking money at it. dont mind tinkering a bit, but wouldd prefer to be using it.

im 25 in Jan and ive had reasonable quotes on a TVR Cerbera 4.5. really love these cars and with 0 - 60 times of 3.9 and top speeds of the 180mph area, u cant really go to wrong with that.......well actually it could easily go horribly wrong pmsl :D

im after just one car i can enjoy, get 4 people in if i need to (the cerbera is a 2+2), reliable (ish, dont mind messing a bit), looks fooking mint, prefably very quick and a bit wild, has a boot and the cerberas ticking all those boxes, plus they sound just pure lush!

remember, it will be MY only car, but i have my work van i use and the VRS will be at my disposal whenever i need really.

whats ur thoughts?

boxhill03.jpg

Dunc

Last edited:

Hellcat

zombie nation
Well I want to hate you for thinking of ditching the Tub but can't deny that is a beautiful car.

jug

blessed are the apostates
do you really think you're man enough to control yourself and the car at the same time?!

i wish i was, but i know with me behind the wheel a cerbera is a guaranteed driving ban and/or death.

apart from that its a perfect car, and a worthy successor to the UT.

thepottleflump

Shut Up, Fool!
Looks a very nice car, not too over the top like some TVRs. Miles better than the Uno, although you sure TVR and reliable can be used in the same sentence. Don't forget you'll need a chest wig and tash to really pull it off. Go for it!

Liam

hi friends :waves:
Doubt you could get 4 comfortably in a Cerbera, I'm sure your aware that these are vicious raw machines like sticking your head in a bucket of snakes, sooner or later you'll get bit! LOL

Back in 96 this was faster than most cars up to £150K!

Mega machine but to be treated with respect.

Liam

Hellcat

zombie nation
Parkers - No airbags, no traction control, no ABS brakes but you do get quick steering and a long travel throttle pedal to help control the violence

:D :D :D

faster4_tec

Burninator of threads!
controlling the violence is the least of your worries. so much as prang it in a carpark and its a full reshell/months of layup composite work :(

at the salvage yard near uni a MINTY 2001/3 sorta age speed 6/cerbera/evil sounding thing (forgot name) came up, done 8k miles, had everything. had been spun at about 120mph over some kerbs/traffic island. the only damage to body was at the rear, the whole boot floor pan and os rear wing was damaged.
how much for the whole car you ask? £2500 :eek:
which is all its basically worth, for the engine, and (now) sodden and muddy interior (windows left down)

sad to see uno go, but the tvr is about T3H most worthy successor you'll ever find :worship:
get life insurance first ;)

I was surprised to read this, the UT is a fantastic car and you have just about got it to the point when you can have years of fun without it costing you much more. I did wonder if it's lack of cubes would eventually irritate you and posted that in your other thread. If you think the UT is a money pit wait until you start putting a few miles on the TVR, this one has the wonderful sounding flat crank in house V8 that just begs you to wind it out to listen to the band, problem is by the time you get the RPM hit the car is really on it's way.
You know thinking about it, just get the car if you want it, just remember that when you are out in it it has nothing to prove to anyone, and never touch alchohol before you wriggle into the cockpit.
Finally, isnt this costing you about Ferrari 328 money? Buy the right 328 and it wont depreciate and the ferrari drivers club are a great bunch of guys not at all snobbish.