IMGP0783.JPG

Grande Punto The story now, and as it continues

Introduction

EDIT Adding this photo from 4/5/2013, and removing all other pics from this first post to remove the 'ugly' ones of my car from its thumbnail ;) Haha. I'll repost this "1st" post later on :)

IMGP0783.JPG

IMGP0829.JPG

1st Photo courtesy of benny279. Cheers pal!

EDIT 2: Decided not to repost, did do, but it looked odd. So plain deleted. Old naff standard 1.4 GP Sound on steel trims anyway ;) Not missing much, but the progression can still be seen.
I'm tempted to red calipers, but i like them silver also, although that clashes with my white/black(subtle)red theme. I suppose red would mask the rust on the fronts haha :rolleyes:

The rears are painted black, just remembered. Albeit they could do with another coat of hammerite soon, as i only did one initially and its looking a little patchy up close.

Coilovers, hmmmm. That unfortunately is a cost i can't justify spending at the minute :bang:

What colour you having your spoiler?? Think you should get it done black.

Going to sand it, prime it and get it sprayed black again. Only colour to go really in my opinion. I'm toying with the idea of a subtle hint of red on it somewhere, but unsure on quite how to go about this.

yeah looked very nice at mitcar the other day :) i think some abarth style headlights would look amazing on your white punto, i arent much for the little shiney silver ones lol, they make such a huge difference to the look when you change them :).

how about red wing mirrors...? and as above, abarth headlights are just a must on a grande IMO

Like this idea. Might sound daft, but would a spray can of red be suitable to do the wing mirrors with?

yeah looked very nice at mitcar the other day :) i think some abarth style headlights would look amazing on your white punto, i arent much for the little shiney silver ones lol, they make such a huge difference to the look when you change them :).

Abarth headlights :slayer: Only problem with this is £££ :devil: The pot of dosh is running low at the minute, so who wants to buy those darn alloys of me :worship:

Just finalized the transaction of some lovely front fogs from gstar1. So i'm awaiting delivery of these now, can't wait.

So spoiler pending respray/fitting, de-badge grill awaiting delivery of, and also now these front fogs awaiting delivery.

I'm going to be so poor for the remainder of this months paycheck! :nutter:

Glad to see a thread man!
I reckon the 2 tone spoiler would be a sick Idea! :D
Its a nice black as it is, but its a shame the damn scrappy had to scratch the shet out of it :/
Manage to get rid of the burnt car smell yet?
:p

Tom

How you going to fit the switch for the fogs? I wouldn't mind getting fogs for mine. Bit I'd want the switch in its proper location above the rear fog light button, can that be done aftermarket?

I actually was only planning on having them 'for show' for the time being, as i don't really fancy wiring them myself. But if its possible wiring them into where they would turn on Grande with fogs, then by all means come and do mine :D

On a side note. S1M0 - my grill arrived this morning - Thanks :slayer:

Glad to see a thread man!
I reckon the 2 tone spoiler would be a sick Idea! :D
Its a nice black as it is, but its a shame the damn scrappy had to scratch the shet out of it :/
Manage to get rid of the burnt car smell yet?
:p

Tom

Can't trust scrappys to look after scrap eh. It is a shame as its a great bold dark black already, but it'll be just as bold when done, just looking newer. And i think i'm definitely going to do the two tone thing!

Haven't noticed a burnt smell yet, so fingers crossed i won't. Did it make your car smell? I haven't been in the boot of my car since MITCar yet though, so it might smell burnt now!

I actually was only planning on having them 'for show' for the time being, as i don't really fancy wiring them myself. But if its possible wiring them into where they would turn on Grande with fogs, then by all means come and do mine :D

On a side note. S1M0 - my grill arrived this morning - Thanks :slayer:

No worries mate, you fitting it today?

How can i not fit it today. Its whether or not i muster the courage to pop the old one out, as did 'test' remove it a few months ago and i failed, and didn't even get it to budge. But after Ysidfa gave me a demo on his at MITCar i feel more comfortable,...but i have a bad history of breaking ANYTHING even when being carefull :p

Is it worth having a go at the horizontal smaller clips first, or the two chunky ones on the verticals first.....

Back