DSCF1836.JPG

the splitty bus resto :D

Introduction

hiya just a few pics requested for a fellow forum member and a little info to go with it

so the bus doesnt belong to me its a job my mate has been given to complete and has been the ar*eache for the 3 of us for the last few months (the bus hasnt been too much of a problem just the owner keeps changing his mind once things are done and expecting it to be fully restored over night) im helping out doing odds and ends to help him out for letting me store and complete my engine conversion at his unit.

so here it is im unsure of what year it is and most details are quite vague all i know is the owner is a bit of a pita and it gives me muscle spasms from filling and sanding it all lol

a few pics that i got today there wont be loads i might get some more along the way but its probley gonna be now and finished pictures

here goes

DSCF1836.JPG

DSCF1837.JPG

a pic from above with two of my mates working hard, or not doing anything,or maybe even having a quick break:confused::confused: lol

DSCF1838.JPG

most of the filling welding and even a coat of zinc primer on the inside i think there is a bit more sanding to do yet but pretty much ready for paint in the front

DSCF1839.JPG

the monkeys at work
DSCF1840.JPG

the monkeys showing me the bird and not actually getting much done today (hey it was xmas a few days ago lol
DSCF1841.JPG

DSCF1842.JPG

one from the inside
DSCF1843.JPG

the underside is pretty much done it was zinc primed followed by lots of coats of stone chip and underseal
DSCF1853.JPG

all of the suspension and axle parts have been either replaced and painted in the a very thick coating of chassis black
DSCF18551.JPG

DSCF1856.JPG

DSCF1857.JPG

pedal box i think its been reconditioned and painted
DSCF18581.JPG

this is the rear engine bay has been painted the same colour as what the outside bottom half will be once its finished

DSCF18591.JPG

for some reason the bloke wanted the wheel arches painted the same colour as the bottom half rather than taking the smarter option imo of having them undersealed and stonechipped to protect it from the elements

DSCF1861.JPG

i think he originally paid around the £13,000 mark for it in a bad state and after having a new roof put on it by some give it a go hero it started to sag at each window so they repaired that and all is now straight and level, the floor inside has sagged but weve not repaired that as the owner doesnt want it done.

well thats about all the pics i have for now might get some more if i get chance to if not ill post the finished product up around February time

if you have any questions or requests for pics feel free to leave a comment and ill see what i can do

cheers guys

lee
Re: the slpitty bus resto :D

yea we love to hate this big ole bus lol so its always a laugh when were working on it, although it will be absolutely gorgeous when its done so the hours of sanding, filling,sanding, spraying, flatting you get the picture lol will all be worth the hard work

unfortunatly the customer isnt the greatest bloke in the world but were starting to enjoy and reep the rewards of the job

ill try and get some pictures tomorrow of it as the inside has now been painted :D

cheers

lee

A 19 window samba... Cool!

No idea how bad it was but its looking not bad at all now (y) do you know what engine he's gonna run in it?

it really is a lovely example mate, from what he has said i think its going to be running completely stock, if i remember my camera ill get some current pics of it when i go down the unit to pick up my head

cheers
lee

nothing wrong at all with a stock bus!! i still think i would have to do something to improve the speed, not to go fast, just keep up lol.

If he's good at or know a good welder then a IRS rear suspension setup is defo worth the money.. Type2Detectives sell a good kit ;)

I'll let him know but he's very well off (high up in the oil trade) and a total arse but he knows what hes after lol (sometimes)

Totally standard is what the boss ordered lol if it was mine I'd sell it and buy something like a wild cento and whack a deposite on a house lol

Lee

Well this one was bought for £13,000 iirc it's having about 6grand spent restoring the shell and maybe about the same on the interior seats ect but to the right person itll be worth around £30,000 when it's done from what I've been told

Lee

Back