The Rebirth

Currently reading:
The Rebirth

The Rebirth...

...begins.

I have finally bought my new GT :dance:

She is the perfect project car for me. Came with a lot of parts, things I need and things I don't. She was cheap as chips and I can't wait to get cracking.

Here are the first pics...

New_GT001.jpg

New_GT002.jpg

New_GT003.jpg

New_GT004.jpg

New_GT005.jpg

New_GT006.jpg

New_GT007.jpg

New_GT008.jpg

New_GT009.jpg

New_GT010.jpg

New_GT011.jpg

New_GT012.jpg

New_GT013.jpg

Taken where she was bought, before she was put on the trailer and shipped 113 miles to sunny Wellingborough!

New_GT014.jpg

New_GT015.jpg

New_GT016.jpg

New_GT017.jpg

New_GT018.jpg

New_GT019.jpg

New_GT020.jpg

New_GT021.jpg

New_GT022.jpg

New_GT023.jpg

New_GT024.jpg

Now she is tucked up in my sisters garden until my current car goes. :cry:

She doesn't have any tax or MOT but that's OK. I won't be putting her on the road until she is done :)

Current spec is:

GT2
Spax RSX Coilovers :dance:
15" Ronell 0058 with 165/45 stretched tyres (brand new and for sale ;) )
EBC grooved and dimpled disks
EBC Green Stuff pads

Everything else is standard.

As you can see, the previous owner (DirtyDownSouth) had already started to preper the bodywork for a respray, so I'll be finishing that work off, fitting my Revlimit bumpers and getting her resprayed.

I'm planning to finish what I started with my old car, so stripping interior, full roll cage etc. etc.

I'm not really planning to push it that far to be honest matey. It probably won't go higher than 200bhp and 220lb/ft.

I'm building the engine for strength and reliability.

Going to use an 1301cc Uno bottom end with GT internals and head. The Uno bottom end is of closed deck design, whereas the 1372cc is open deck.

I'm not really planning to push it that far to be honest matey. It probably won't go higher than 200bhp and 220lb/ft.

I'm building the engine for strength and reliability.

Going to use an 1301cc Uno bottom end with GT internals and head. The Uno bottom end is of closed deck design, whereas the 1372cc is open deck.

You overboring to 1600 or 1400?

I like a good project and you seem to have good a decent base, with the coilovers etc, keep us updated.

Same ideas, different shell. I had always planned a reshell, but keeping my exisiting running gear. But now I'm starting fresh almost. This new engine is going to be completely rebuilt and I'm glad to say I'm going to do all of the work myself, or try at least.

skirts1.jpg

New skirts have arrived, I'm very impressed. They are not genuine Abarth skirts, but they are still very well made. There is no hole where the Abarth badge should go, but there is a plastic section on the back to bond to the car.

They even came with Abarth badges, glue and some trim tape.

Back