The only perfectionist in the village?

Currently reading:
The only perfectionist in the village?

trypanosomiasis

Got my new gp two weeks ago and i have to admit that I'm spending a little more time than is necessarily healthy checking over the car at every opportunity!

Unfortunately, every time I do, I seem to find some new defect which only serves to p*** me off - three stone chips on my front bumper (I drive 23 miles a day on the motorway) and a small dent on my roof (how the hell?!)

It doesn't help that the local yoof have a propensity for the destruction of personal property - my previous car had had it's wing mirror broken off, the replacement was stolen (wiring unclipped etc), wheel trims stolen, number plates stolen and finally i was driving to work one day when I noticed a footprint on the back window! When I got to work and checked, it was clear that some little git had ran up the bonnet, over the roof and down the back window!

I've think i'm going to have to resign myself to an ownership of despair and disappointment. I was cringing this afternoon when I saw a bunch of kids playing football with a basketball(!) in front of the gp - ended up going for a drive, which as it turns out was no great hardship!

Just hope I'm not the only crazy on the forum!

Bah i know how you feel i live in london and get worried. This is with me 2000 sei! (me 1st car) Some chavs came down the road knocking off all of the wing mirrors of the cars...police not intereseted they managed to miss the mirror on mine and put a dent in the door.

i'm a perfectionist. i stuggle to control it. i spend much of my time thinking about my car's imperfections, and it really bothers me. i'm the same with my house, well pretty much everything.

perfection is not attainable, but damn it i'll still try.

lol thats how you spell it
well done rich, at this rate people will be able to understand your posts in no time at all! (y)

i'm a perfectionist. i stuggle to control it. i spend much of my time thinking about my car's imperfections, and it really bothers me. i'm the same with my house, well pretty much everything.

perfection is not attainable, but damn it i'll still try.

well done rich, at this rate people will be able to understand your posts in no time at all! (y)

:ROFLMAO:

i live just off an estate (not a dodgey 1 really) so i was a tad worried at first but it seems all of the yooofs like my car when i drive past so i dont think they will hurt it:p

i still always get out of bed when i hear people walking down my road at night:eek: im sure they would run when seeing a person running at them with just a pair of boxers on and a metal baseball bat in hand:p

Last edited:
anyone who loves cars and owns a relatively expensive one feels like that (or is just me) :eek:

when i park my car in the drive i even feel scared of visitors walking past it at home (even though its not even near the front door)

and little things like driving for miles looking for a parking space next to a decent car, or parking all on your own. only to find you come back and a banger has parked next to you :bang:

OCD... The only cure for the car owners variety is to own and drive an old shed... :eek:

Don't worry, you're not the only one.

Time will wear you out ;)

hmmm you say that.. but ive had my car for over a year now and im just as worried if not more worried about it sometimes...
I spent 3hrs yesterday, washing, drying, polishing, buffing, hoovering and swearing when i sprayed the pressure washer on my hand:eek: daym that hurt! lol

When I bought the Marea, nearly 7 years and 75000 miles ago :eek:, I can't believe its that long ago, I was like you, always worried about who's around her. Time passes, stone chips and parking dings happen and you relax:rolleyes:. But one thing remains true, I always park my car on its own or between two V expensive cars, so I'm the old banger!! She might be an old shed but she's my old shed :p:D

When I bought the Marea, nearly 7 years and 75000 miles ago :eek:, I can't believe its that long ago, I was like you, always worried about who's around her. Time passes, stone chips and parking dings happen and you relax:rolleyes:. But one thing remains true, I always park my car on its own or between two V expensive cars, so I'm the old banger!! She might be an old shed but she's my old shed :p:D

Not to worry you but.. alot of those big expensive cars are driven by door flinging company car drivers.(still what I do though)

for whats its worth heres my wee story on thi topic:) i stay out in the sticks & most of the time all is well with my cars & local arsehol...sorry young team
anyway some time ago about 2yrs all the cars down where we park all got damaged one way or another, next door nieghbours & myself called in the feds, a nice young fed [big one] told me they kind of new who was the guilty party,but had no evidence, sorry & all that, ok thankyou off the fed went......
friday night comes i,m off out on a mission. now i stay in a smallish village & of a weekend all the underage basta....sorry lads drink in the local playpark...now i know who i,m looking for, ah i spots him, the ringleader he,s a big lad but about 15. so i byd my time then i see him walking home alone.
now i,m no bully but its times like this certain steps have to be taken ;)
so it goes like this hello youngman, slap:eek: what the...listen to me youngman if my cars get damaged again you will be damaged. but i didn,t touch your cars, you,re not listening to me, if my cars are damaged again you will be damaged:mad: get the picture son..eh aye:cry:.....i had another visit from feds two this time i had no idea what they were talking about:confused:... needless to say none of my cars are touched now, infact i get a wee whisper now & again if any new young lads appear on the scene;)
now i apprieciate everyone stays in different arears & have different circumstances..what some of these young lads seem to forget is they may own a car one day;) no what i mean;)

Back