The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club

Currently reading:
The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club

Stuartl

Maranellohouse.com
The first meeting of 2005 will be on Tuesday the 1st Feb at the Tidy Doffer Revarnet (outside Lisburn) at 7.45pm.

If you own an Italian vehicle or are an enthusiast of all things Italian by all means come along, you will be made most welcome.

For more info please visit or site at www.niimc.co.uk :D

Re: Just noticed............................

You'd have my respect for owning a bike if it was a Ducati or even an Aprilia. Any respectability you had went out the window when you bought a Jap. :)

The Uno, sadly, is no more. It's been stripped and most of it is in my garage.

Anyway, back to the point of Stuarts thread...

Is anyone from the forum planning on going to the meeting?

Steve................................

in response to your comments, I too would love a Ducati or Aprillia, but firstly, they cost too much to buy, too much to insure and too much to service. Add to this that the build quality is poor and the cheap costs and solid build of a Japanese bike then becomes very appealling. I understand you 100%, but biking isn't a cheap hobby and I can't afford to do it in the style that you suggest, I'm afraid cheap thrills is all I can afford!

Back to your UNO, I always said you had scrap on your yard, one down, three to go!

Re: Steve................................

twincamms said:
in response to your comments, I too would love a Ducati or Aprillia, but firstly, they cost too much to buy, too much to insure and too much to service. Add to this that the build quality is poor and the cheap costs and solid build of a Japanese bike then becomes very appealling. I understand you 100%, but biking isn't a cheap hobby and I can't afford to do it in the style that you suggest, I'm afraid cheap thrills is all I can afford!

You can buy a good used Duc from around £2,000 now. When I was thinking of buying another bike I found insurance wasn't much different regardless of make if they were the same engine size.
Service it yourself which keeps costs down.
Build quality:- Because it's Italian and A Duc you will be only to happy to polish, swoon over it and cosset it all the time the quaility will stay high.

BTW Leave Steves cars alone. That's my old Panda he has and it would blow the chain off your bike. :nerner:

Back