25012010063.jpg

Stilo The No1 GP Schumacher Project. Please.

Introduction

Hi so here is my New Schumi. (05 35k miles)
25012010063.jpg

Yes i know its a crappy mobile pic. Ill get her back out for a couple of decent pics at the weekend.

So the plan is to sell some old speakers and give the body work a good going over. There are a few nicks and dinks but once they are sorted the exterior will be top notch.
The wheels are a little scuffed so they need a refurb. Im thinking of having them powder coated so i will have a play on photoshop when i get a minute.

Again i have no pics but the next thing will be to put in my reclining sports seats and smaller aftermarket steering wheel. :wave: Bye Bye Airbags.

Then i have the install to start just as soon as i pay for a warranty and window tints so no twocer can see in.

If anybody has any comments or ideas then im all ears.

Stu
You weren't in stafford the other week were you? Parked where the old riverside swimming baths were, under the car park thing? i swear that it's this exact stilo, are those alloys OZ? + Are they 18"s?

I only picked the car up from Leicester on monday. Im not sure if all 200 of the Schumachers got the 18" OZ alloys but there were something like 30 that got the prodrive kit. They basically uprated the suspension, changed the rear silencer and put the alloys on it.
I certainly makes a huge difference to the drivability of the car, its a lot more comfortable, smooth and sturdy.
If anybody owns an Abarth i would seriously recommend trying to get hold of this kit. I would be surprised if its not available as an aftermarket product.

Let me know how and from whom you get the paint for your touching up. I've bought pots/aerosols of "matching" paint from three different sources, and they were all rubbish. P.S. Paint not available from FIAT dealers as it's a Ferrari colour and Ferrari don't do touch up paint!

Im just going to pay the local dent dr TBH. But im pretty sure that i have some Ferrari paint to spray the lens covers if i can get them off my old car. Ill have a look and send you some if you think it will be any use to you. If not i can always mix some up :D

Im just going to pay the local dent dr TBH. But im pretty sure that i have some Ferrari paint to spray the lens covers if i can get them off my old car. Ill have a look and send you some if you think it will be any use to you. If not i can always mix some up :D

That's real kind of you Stu. Yes, I would really appreciate a small pot if the match looks good and there's any over. PM me for my address details.

is this the 2.5 edition? The colour looks superb :')

:rolleyes:2.4l 5 pot engine mate not 2.5

Stilos came in Active, Active Ac, Active Sport, Dynamic, JTD active/dynamic/sporting and abarth editions as standard

The limited editions were the xbox and schumacher. Hope this answers your question(y)

Whats 2.5 edition.

I've answered that for ya:cool:;)

Oh i thought he meant like the Punto MK2B not engine.
You missed off the GP Schumacher edition which is what i have. The normal schumacher didnt have the pro drive kit.

And yeah im not sure when im sorting the paint but ill let you know when i do. I check the paint store to see if there is any next time im there. The old Scuderia Eccose Ferrari is Rosso red isnt it? I remember making a damn good match for that a couple of years ago so hopefully its still there if they havnt got any Ferrari red.

Oh i thought he meant like the Punto MK2B not engine.
You missed off the GP Schumacher edition which is what i have. The normal schumacher didnt have the pro drive kit.

And yeah im not sure when im sorting the paint but ill let you know when i do. I check the paint store to see if there is any next time im there. The old Scuderia Eccose Ferrari is Rosso red isnt it? I remember making a damn good match for that a couple of years ago so hopefully its still there if they havnt got any Ferrari red.

Thanks, I'll look forward to hearing from you. The paint code is 285A by the way. Never heard it called Scuderia Eccose Ferrari before...

I havnt sold the old one yet lol. So the Schumi is in the garage until it is. Ans the install :devil: It has seen about 4 different guises since starting the project. We have managed to build it so it all supports its self bar a couple of fixing points. Just got to cover the rest of it and its pretty much done apart from finishing touches. I have to say the sound is something else :yum:

Schui GP is pretty much the only version of the Stilo I'd consider getting after I've paid the finance on mine - seems like the best of the Stilo range... 5 pot sound, decent handling, good spec and the best kit in terms of the Zender styling and OZs.

Of course, some would argue that the higher end JTD's are the better day to day option - but I'm just not that practical :p :D

Looking forward to more pics (y)

I really would think long and hard with what you are going to do. Its a limited edition car so I personally would add audio and mods which will complement the car. Also I wouldnt touch the steering wheel

And anyway, its got a 2.4ltr engine, why waste that extra power on lugging a huge sub about, use it for what its meant for.. speed!

Just my opinion. But congrats! Lovely car!

My initial plan was to make the 1.6 more drivable.
Im honestly not that bothered about speed TBH its just the 1.6 lacks the torque i want. No matter how much weight the abarth engine is going to be much more smooth and struggle a lot less. Also the handling on the standard Stilo is terrible IMO so it actually worked out more cost effective to get a GP than spend a lot on upgrading the suspention/wheels on the 1.6 and still maybe not make a vast improvment.

I absolutely hate standard steering wheels they feel awful.

Im not adding a massive sub, i have already down graded to a 10" running off a small 600w Amp (still aiming for 135db :D). Most of the weight will be in the deadening but TBH the torque of the engine means the car wont really bat an eyelid. I have also designed the actual build to be as light as possible hence why it has taken so long. I havnt added much in the way of holding it all together. It is all held in place by a few screws and a bolt through the spare wheel post. :slayer:

I know its an LE car but its still worth sweet FA so i have no quarms in modifying it. I would rather get pleasure out of owning and modding it than leave it standard for value reasons.
I also dont think i did a bad job on my last car, it wasnt heavily modded just a couple of wee improvments.

Edit:- The install is also made that way so its a simple process to remove in case i decide to track or drag it.

Last edited:
Back