General The 'lil 'lellow one a write off?

Currently reading:
General The 'lil 'lellow one a write off?

The cinq cost me £500 with T+T and has done 9 months and 7K with me now :)

Sadly i got the brunt of a four car pile up behind me today. All insurance is the same company which is shockingly odd :eek:

I'm at the front, and declared not at fault due to this.

I'm fully comp and if I calim will have to pay no excess, and I'll loose no NCD...I'll just have to declare an accident at next renew.

The damage:

Rear bumper cracked heavily where both the mounts are situated
rear number plate lights cracked
the body to bumper mounts by the wings have ripped off on both sides
the rear boot pan and rear internal panel thats welded to it are crumpled, albeit not excessivly
one or two little dimples on the roof line

What's the chances it'll be written off? 100% I think, but I fancied a second opinion of those who've dealt with this stuff before. I have 10 years NCD, and never had a bump before.

Whats do you think is a fair price to bargain for on payout if a write off? 78K, 1108cc broom yellow cinq sporting.

Most important, is at the moment anyway, i feel fine and nobody else was injured :slayer: (y) :)

Cheers,

Kristian

Hi,

I can't help you much on the insurance, but glad you are ok (y)

As I understand it, you would do well to hunt out some current similar cars for sale, as the insurance company should give you enough to get a car matching the one written off.

If it is written off, you should be offered the chance to buy it back so you can either repair it yourself or sell bits off / scrap it.

Trev

It's nothing special, so not sure how much I'd gain or if I could be arsed for breaking. Def not repair as it's not worth the effort.

It has a custom plate but that hasn't sold so I'll let that go with it.

£675 would be nice.....I'll hunt about for examples. Can I use piston heads, ebay etc as examples?

I paid £500 and said it was worth that when I insured it but seems prices have risen a bit due to petrol prices.

Kristian

hehe :p

The black one has been off the road for almost 2 years now. It has a bit of algae and needs some tlc.....however, as I now have no car, and FINALLY have some spare cash, the plan is to get it going again asap.

It needs a lot of work to get it through an MOT, but the plan is to do the minimum, get it going again, and then I can spend the time making it decent again....it's a bit sorry for itself at the moment lol

Kristian

ps. super turismo GT wheels ;)

Back