General The last green Fantasia

Currently reading:
General The last green Fantasia

I'm having to post the description here because there is an issue with the classifieds section.

As followers of my last green Fantasia thread already know I bought my Panda Fizz back in August from the cars original owner needing a bit of welding and couple of other jobs for the MOT.
Welding around the rear of the sills where water gets in the hole at the bottom of the inner wing and the driver side rear seat belt anchor.

My plan for the car was to use it until it was cold enough for me to cycle to work but thanks to the misplaced Jet Stream that hasn't happened yet. The car comes with one of the most extensive history files I have ever seen. From the original bill from Fiat to the last MOT.

Now here's the sticky wicket. The Fizz have been all over Europe and covered 108,000 miles. As such there are marks, scratches and little rust spots anyone would expect. Despite being the second owner I can not justify a "classic" price even though the car is insured with an agreed value of £1,200

It is a brilliant little car and the only reason she's up for sale is so I can move along with other projects.

Too good to give away, not good enough for a "classic" price I think £500 is more than fair.

"108,250 miles" is subject to change as the Fizz is in almost daily use.

I'll attempt to re-profile the end of the 866 (Punto 75) cam' so it will run a mechanical fuel pump and fit jets from a Weber 32TL6 carb'

;)

I'm on look for next lot of 866 cam's being imported to UK, this time i'll hold one for me and follow your progress with re-profiling the pump lobe. The jets sizes might be different as i'm keeping the 999cc for now.

Okay Fizz faults.

Noisy speedometer cable and the dash lights don't work.

That's about it.

If someone could copy and paste my description and leave it as a comment on the sale notice I'd appreciate it. I still can't add a description to the listing or comment with an error message. :(

My Fizz was almost sold but it was a faff arranging collection, delivery or Shiply due to work schedules being all over the place and the distances involved. Don't get me wrong I enjoy driving my Panda and have been to the South West coast and back a few times but a four hour drive followed by up to an eight hour train, bus, tube, train and cycle journey didn't appeal. Especially considering I'll all but giving the car away at the price.

These delays and issues came in handy as you may know already my Fizz and I are off to London Sunday to do a spot of filming for the BBC.

Hopefully I'll be able to fill you in about that afterwards. :)

They're not paying me to drive the car on set so as far as I know she'll be a static prop. If I'm allowed to take photo's I will and I'll be sure to post a link to the BBC i-Playermebob for the Pandas on Film thread.

Lessons learned from my road trip to London last Sunday...

I NEED TO GET THE BLOODY ARIEL FIXED!!!!

:bang:

...a hundred and five miles alone with my thoughts is dangerous. With another road to to black bogie country planned for this weekend I've robbed the antenna from my Fantasia and will add it to the list of parts I'll need when the restoration get back on track.

You may have noticed there is no eBay link added to my Fizz for sale thread in the auction section. I have a promising lead and my Fizz may be rehomed soon.

I'll be sad to let her go but she was too good to modify and too high mileage to be a classic. So she'll be taking on daily drive duties so a low mileage CLX can be pampered. :)

At least that's the plan. :)

Back