Technical The interior light doesn't come on when the DRIVER door open, but the passenger door does.

Currently reading:
Technical The interior light doesn't come on when the DRIVER door open, but the passenger door does.

Ch35s

Hello everyone, so got some headache problem here, electrical is not really my thing, so I don't know what to do.

My interior light is set on to light up when the door is open, which it does, but only when I turn off the car or the passenger door open but not the driver door.
I have a feeling that it's probably a switch, but which one does what that I do not know.

So if you have any idea what it can be, please let me know!

I would just check to wiring for damage.. at the hinge :)

I would just check to wiring for damage.. at the hinge :)

What should I do after? I wil go check the wiring tomorrow morning.

Different car but our Seat did this when the door lock failed. Inside that lock were micro switches, One sent a door open signal and one a door locked signal and another a door open signal. It affected several things including the central locking inside light and the timed door not opened relock after unloacking. If its not the wiring loo to the lock. The car is right hand drive and the drivers door lock was a master lock that affected the other locks in odd ways that I cant remember. When I bought a new lock the first three supplied were from left hand drive production runs, so if buying a new lock get the right one. In the end I bought from Seat at big cost. The proper lock restored order straight away and also had a two year parts and labour warranty so was not as expenesive as it seemed, That must have been 10 years back and its still working. The microswitches were operated by different bit of the door latch. I think there were 8 or 10 wires attached so it wouldnt take much to cause a problem in the wiring.to cause this problem an any current era car, Unplugging the wiring and attaching a volt meter atached via a pin to each terminal of the lock plug soon revealed the wiring was OK. I do advise against cheap locks from eBay. I tried 3 and they were cheap but complete rubbish. Motor factors who should have known better also supplied left hand drive locks and were reluctant to refund when I said they didnt work. It took 12 months to get my money back so be careful.

Wiring takes 5 minutes :)

So rule that out before chasing more difficult things..

Ive had 3 xGP and had wiring fail.. but not a door catch :cool:
The cable look good at first glance, I will check it more thoroughly when the weather gets better, it is snowing...

FYI, the central locking is working like normal and the windows and everything is working, only that the car doesn't recognize when the door is open.

Back