Technical The importance of updating a thread

Currently reading:
Technical The importance of updating a thread

koalar

Distinguished member
The power of this forum

Is it gathers all the information for a perticular car in one place

In this case the Panda 169

All feedback adds to the collective knowledge, we start to see trends, which helps everyone, even the fails help to diagnose better.

I know it can take time to source parts and find the time to fit the part

But it only takes a few minutes to log on and say that didn't help or that fixed the problem

As an example here a dualogic error code P2930 as come up again and again for several years, all these threads are dead ends, and some these threads have others saying they have the same fault. Even if it's bad news. Without any feedback all there is no information gained

The only update they'll get is several year later someone will join and ask how they fixed it, then never post again because they got no reply.

It's a problem with all forums I've seen, very few will come back and update the problem.

The only update they'll get is several year later someone will join and ask how they fixed it, then never post again because they got no reply.

It's a problem with all forums I've seen, very few will come back and update the problem.
Correct 👍

If you look some of the new poster profiles. They join because they have a problem. So join and post a problem on the same day

And

Don't log in again after the first few replies

Which is a shame as without any feedback whether they fix the problem is lost.

Even if it's a fail to fix its still important as in future we know that solution does not alway work.

A lot find a correct solution by reading the forum without any need to posting or leaving any feedback

Some kind of tally system would be nice

Not sure how it could be implicated

Something like if reading a thread and the correct solution is found without having to post they could tick a box similar to the like button

Then if several possible solution are given in a thread we know which works the most often.

Something like if reading a thread and the correct solution is found without having to post they could tick a box similar to the like button

Then if several possible solution are given in a thread we know which works the most often.

This is how the new question type works (although I had it set so only the thread starter could mark the solution)

We could turn on the voting for everyone - but we still need people to actually use that post type :s

This is how the new question type works (although I had it set so only the thread starter could mark the solution)

We could turn on the voting for everyone - but we still need people to actually use that post type :s
Cool
Great idea
Although on this section I have yet seen it used

Cool
Great idea
Although on this section I have yet seen it used
Ok, that's done - you can see an example on this thread:

1684934631450.png

The number to the right of the post (or below on mobile) is the current vote. You can click up or down to vote good or bad.

Back