The Grand Tour

Currently reading:
The Grand Tour

AndyRKett

Distinguished member
So who's watched it and what did you all think?

It very much had the feel old top gear, with a whole new spin on things .

The holy trinity finally got tested against one another and several celebrities died, was definitely entertaining

I didn't get to watch it! I sent a letter of complaint to Amazon about something and they cancelled my subscription for me the day before it was on. Even though I wasn't asking them too. Gits.

I didn't get to watch it! I sent a letter of complaint to Amazon about something and they cancelled my subscription for me the day before it was on. Even though I wasn't asking them too. Gits.

That's gutting.

I thought it was really good, it definitely served as a strong opening contender, no holds barred on the hypercars or anything. Looking forward to seeing some challenges later in the series.

Sounds like you got a spiteful git at the Amazon offices :yum:

Absolutely brilliant. Lost hopes as soon as they moved to Amazon because it's never the same. Holy Hell it's not the same, because it's back to the old and great Top Gear! :worship::worship::worship::worship:

First episode was very good, second very funny in places and the vulcan was awesome but there is still the nagging doubt and much online criticism surrounding the heavy scripting and obvious bias towards American audiences but its early days yet and its still a hell of a lot better than the TG reboot.

First episode was very good, second very funny in places and the vulcan was awesome but there is still the nagging doubt and much online criticism surrounding the heavy scripting and obvious bias towards American audiences but its early days yet and its still a hell of a lot better than the TG reboot.

It's gonna be Americanized as I believe American ratings for the original Top Gear gradually spiked, so it seems UK and USA are their primary targets.

That's the thing though, if this show was just god awful I still feel it would be better than Flop Gear now. :yum:

It's gonna be Americanized as I believe American ratings for the original Top Gear gradually spiked, so it seems UK and USA are their primary targets.

That and the company that have invested +$100million dollars in the show over the next 3 years is an American company, and the worth of he show isn't in the few people watching at home in the U.K. it's in the global export of the show all over the world, the DVD Sales, and rerun sales as well as possible merchandising and spin offs. Because of this is needs to be as universally appealing as possible.

Waited 2 years...can wait until they are all available get a one month sub watch them and cancel...Tbf top gear was stale long before beef wellingtongate and I can't imagine throwing a huge budget at it will change that.

I must be getting even older than I thought, but I just can't bring myself to subscribe to something just for one programme on TV. Illogical of me because I do have Sky Sports etc.
I am very pleased to read of the new show's success. It should be a lesson to the cliquey twits at the BBC that making good telly should not be formulaic and as such can not be replicated by just switching characters around. I am surprised the BBC didn't consult their little black book of trusted "stars" and give Tess Daly the gig!
To make anything creative, like TV, music look relaxed and easy is incredibly hard and takes great skill and experience, and sometimes those skills come with some slightly off-colour character traits, but that's what makes them great.
Long live the three amigos!

Episode 11 gives a very favourable review to the abarth 124 spider, but slates the normal 124 fiat spider worth checking out the abarth abuse if you have access

I keep meaning to catch up, but their Amazon player is just the worst. Can't believe it's on 11 episodes already, I've only seen 6 :confused:

I keep meaning to catch up, but their Amazon player is just the worst. Can't believe it's on 11 episodes already, I've only seen 6 :confused:

In exactly the same boat, I keep wanting to download it on my iPad for trains, etc. and did so, then the flipping app deleted my downloads! Ugh!

In exactly the same boat, I keep wanting to download it on my iPad for trains, etc. and did so, then the flipping app deleted my downloads! Ugh!

It's absolute s**t! I tried playing it on my MacBook and when I scrolled over the 'focus' or whatever they called it, my laptop practically died trying to load it.

I know some who are trying to obtain it from the *ehem* pirate ship who have Prime, they just want to avoid the player.

It's absolute s**t! I tried playing it on my MacBook and when I scrolled over the 'focus' or whatever they called it, my laptop practically died trying to load it.

I know some who are trying to obtain it from the *ehem* pirate ship who have Prime, they just want to avoid the player.

All very true.

If you want a truly horrendous player, Channel 4's one never ceases to make me wince, whether it be on laptop, or on the flipping console apps THEY built!

Got round to starting watching it (Xbox one app seems fine).

Seen the 1st two episodes, it's what I was expecting so far. So basically more old new TG on a bigger budget with all the good and bad points of that.

Definitely watchable but not exactly earthshattering.

Got round to starting watching it (Xbox one app seems fine).

Seen the 1st two episodes, it's what I was expecting so far. So basically more old new TG on a bigger budget with all the good and bad points of that.

Definitely watchable but not exactly earthshattering.

I agree. I find I need to be in the mood for it a bit more.
I must confess I felt like it did get better - the environmental one, beach buggy one/two, and whatever comes after were all good episodes.

Finished watching it, no change in opinion other than did rather annoy me when Hammond got the spec of the Mx5 wrong.

Spends 5 minutes explaining how the lack of an LSD on the mx5 makes the abarth 124 a better drift car, fine other than the car he tested on TG was a 1.5, which is half the price of an abarth. If he'd drove a 2.0 he'd know the mx5 comes with an LSD at less than the starting price of a cooking 124.

Ah well they were never known for factual accuracy or knowing anything.

Last edited:
Back