The country we live in - Must read!

Currently reading:
The country we live in - Must read!

I wont totally plagurise this - this is what I remember of a Daily Mail article yesterday plus a lot of my own stuff. Bear with it - its not all a tax moan!

You wake up and get out of bed, have breakfast and go out to your car where you need to breath into a pipe to check for drugs and alcohol. It lets your proceed, on your drive to work you stop and fill up with fuel, you pay for the fuel and the tax on that, the VAT on the fuel and the tax - all paid for with your earnings. . . taxed.

As you drive to work 15 sensors read your speed, car tax, mot and insurance as you go, you not even noticing the 3 hidden cameras around blind bends, but your car is limited in speed dependant of zone, but then its also monitered by GPS so the government know how much to tax you based on how far you go.

You get to work and work the first 2 hours and 15 mins of your 8 hour day just to pay the tax on your earnings. At lunch you get some money out of your savings account, where your interest has been taxed. On your lunch you decide to visit the labour party conference, Blair says something you disagree with so you let this be known. You are arrested and held without charge for a week under the terrorism act.

After being let out the police cant take you home as they need to drive all the little ASBO breachers back to mommy and all the daddies. So you walk, on the way you are mugged and beaten up. A passer by calls the police - who say they will be with you in 3-5 days - and an ambulance, which thankfully comes straight away. You ask the passer by to help you up, they refuse and run away, scared you might sue them if they touch you. The ambulance turns up but only to say that the A&E Department is now closed as its gone 20:00 and they leave you.

You struggle home to see your house in being burgled. You hide in the garden, fortunately you only just put up the washing line so you have some spare to hand. You hit the burgler as he runs out and quickly bind his hands. The police on the scene in moments to arrest you for using unreasonable force, assault and unlawful imprisonment. They let the burgler go, not before giving him an expensive solicitor to sue you for assault, as he couldnt possibly afford one as he is on work allowance for being unable to walk. . . apparently.

THANK GOD 308,000 British servicemen and women gave their lives to defend this country in WW2 and thank god countless thousands worldwide have given the ultimate sacrifice for us to be called 'Great' Britain

Yeah, I loved the careful use of everything that either is, or planned in the near future.

I meant to type it up yesterday but the paper went outside in the recycling. . . then it rained

Hmmm thats a pretty bad day

Lot of truth behind that, then again never heard a&e being closed, been tested a few times early morning!

Tis true though, it's life. Not much you can do...except maybe study law and know your rights! (y)

G Spag said:
Hmmm thats a pretty bad day

Lot of truth behind that, then again never heard a&e being closed, been tested a few times early morning!

Tis true though, it's life. Not much you can do...except maybe study law and know your rights! (y)

Was one of those great ideas, to 'cut down activity' in A&E on off peak times to save money

Less staff, less beds IMO

Well, if your a european, hetrosexual, 'christian', anglo saxon working male I think you will find that whilst you have been busy working and paying tax to top up Blair & Brown's coffers that any rights you had have been given away by some oh so politically correct left wing liberals to the folks who contribute, least if at all, to the system but seem to draw a better living from it than you ever could! :bang: In reality you should give up your job and spend some time drawing off what you have already paid into the system before its all gone, you could amuse yourself by researching some of the stealth legislation that gets pushed through parliment whilst nobody is paying any attention, which will probably cost you at some point in the future and when you get bored go back to work... retirement age will probably have hit 85 by then, so plenty time for you to go and contribute some more :D

Now lets be honest and truethfull here because what has been stated here is factualy correct :( I know you are thinking Oh no here Phill goes again but lets consider what has been stated :( can anyone say that it all lies NO i dont think so :( and Bob/Betty its this apparthetic kind of attitude that gets no progress (n) [Ime not knocking you here ] but for example think back to what happened to Margret Thatcher when people rebeled against the poll tax (y) yes people power Can acheive great things and if done correctly Will put the GREAT back in Britain:)

What a load of pap.

The 'Daily Fascist' should come with a health warning for all those 'weak of mind' to avoid reading it for fear of being corrupted by their negative, rubbish toilet.

My wife used to buy it until I pointed out it was a pile of tosh, blowing 'articles' to bits as proof.

Any paper that permits Peter Hitchins to air his opinions is already onto a looser...

Seems I am a paid up memeber of the silent majority :eek: as being anything else just isnt PC :bang: Anyhow apathy is easy... you just sit back and do nowt, which seems to suit most folk nowadays!

Last edited:
JTD Monkey said:
What a load of pap.

The 'Daily Fascist' should come with a health warning for all those 'weak of mind' to avoid reading it for fear of being corrupted by their negative, rubbish toilet.

My wife used to buy it until I pointed out it was a pile of tosh, blowing 'articles' to bits as proof.

Any paper that permits Peter Hitchins to air his opinions is already onto a looser...

Ah but it wasnt an article, it was a well constructed letter in, possiblly written by a far right wing person, but either way, what is written about in my original piece has either

a) happened
b) being put into effect
or c) been discussed as a serious 'solution'

PNL said:
but for example think back to what happened to Margret Thatcher when people rebeled against the poll tax (y) yes people power Can acheive great things and if done correctly Will put the GREAT back in Britain:)

Despite being accused of being a anarchist(i'm not by the way)I agree totally that people power can do things...only problem is the 'no you go first then i'll do it' syndrome:rolleyes:
However Scots are still suffering from debt collectors for poll tax:)o ) & the Daily Mail is a tory paper anyway so it will be anti-labour.
As for the servicemen/women in the past present future,I always mark the minutes silence,they are the true heroes,anybody else here willing to lay down their life for others?

The grass always looks greener elsewhere. I agree with some of what has been said, but I have lived and worked in other countries in Europe and believe me if you think tax and the standard or living is bad here then you should try living in other countries.

In most of Europe you have to by law carry some form of identity, you can't drive your car without carrying your papers with you, road tax is several times higher than the UK and the police are less accountable for their actions.

This isn't such a bad country to live in.

T14086 said:
Despite being accused of being a anarchist(i'm not by the way)I agree totally that people power can do things...only problem is the 'no you go first then i'll do it' syndrome:rolleyes:
However Scots are still suffering from debt collectors for poll tax:)o ) & the Daily Mail is a tory paper anyway so it will be anti-labour.
As for the servicemen/women in the past present future,I always mark the minutes silence,they are the true heroes,anybody else here willing to lay down their life for others?

Yes T14086 and thats the problem the apperthetic attitude of the younger generation as they are quite happy to go down without a fight IMO unlike the war years generation who have refused for example to pay the ever increasing council tax and HAVE gone to prison in protest rather than pay up :)

Over here it's going to become law to carry some form of identificaton.

In Italy and France have toll motorways (and I'm sure plenty of other European countries do aswell). This means everyone pays peanuts in road tax in comparison, but if you use the motorway more, you pay more. Can't say fairer than that. Not to mention (in Italy anyway) you actually insure the car, not the person driving. So should someone in a stolen motor smashes into you, you'll get a pay-out.

In that respect, yeah the grass is greener

Back