The Biggest Cinquecento Meet Ever!!!

Currently reading:
The Biggest Cinquecento Meet Ever!!!

Giggz said:
just trying to think where could have it. i would say middle england? sheffieldish area. i know its close 2 me but can get to it fairly easy. and its sorta center of england

Northamptonshire!!!!! Silverstone and Santa Pod are both there! It's gotta be Northants, it's centrally located. If something of this scale is gonna work ppl are gonna have to travel. It can't be a northener/southener thing.

If nobody has any experience of booking events you're going to struggle. We're in the process of sorting out our 2nd charity Thong Run for mid May and it takes far more organising than people think.

Not only will you have an outlay for somewhere to hold it (if you're going to do it properly) but there are things like insurance etc to think about too.

Our run/event takes a full year to arrange for the following year. It's a lot of hard work.

Duncan said:
Northamptonshire!!!!! Silverstone and Santa Pod are both there! It's gotta be Northants, it's centrally located. If something of this scale is gonna work ppl are gonna have to travel. It can't be a northener/southener thing.

I agree Northants is probably quite centrally based, not agreein js cos i wouldnt have to travel far :p
I dont know of anywhere in Northants where we could host 500 cars though, I'd have to try and find out though.

Could ask some of my mates at Edition38 as I think they've had a few shows and meets in Northampton before.

minislapper said:
If nobody has any experience of booking events you're going to struggle. We're in the process of sorting out our 2nd charity Thong Run for mid May and it takes far more organising than people think.

Not only will you have an outlay for somewhere to hold it (if you're going to do it properly) but there are things like insurance etc to think about too.

Our run/event takes a full year to arrange for the following year. It's a lot of hard work.

Thats the end of this thread then :p

CinqSport_Newboi said:
I agree Northants is probably quite centrally based, not agreein js cos i wouldnt have to travel far :p
I dont know of anywhere in Northants where we could host 500 cars though, I'd have to try and find out though.

Could ask some of my mates at Edition38 as I think they've had a few shows and meets in Northampton before.

Billing Aquadrome! They hold Jap carshows there plus you gotta remember it's 500 little cars so they'll fit no problem!

I will definitively support the idea with my Cinquecentos.

If we make this a charity event we might even get 'outside support'.

Collecting for Children in need, animal rescue organisation or cancer research?

Oldschool said:
If we make this a charity event we might even get 'outside support'.

Collecting for Children in need, animal rescue organisation or cancer research?

I agree...and I think that it quite possibly could get done. I think we would have to invite sei's as well if we're looking to try and make it the biggest cento meet.

Maybe someone with a few contacts and spare time could take charge of arranging it or finding details?

Well if we've decided sei's are game then i'm game.

If this is to ever happen we need a group of people who are gonna take charge of it and actually start sorting something, and probably some volunteers too. It's blatantly not happening this year going by what people who have organised stuff like this before have said. But unless we decide on a 'team' we will never see it happen in the UK, which is a shame.

I'm not implying i want to organise this, far from it, i'm far to unorganised to organise stuff, and wouldn't know where to start, but I happily offer myself to help out if needed.

Oldschools idea about it being a charity event is a good one, but without an 'official organiser' we'll get no-where.

So, how do we decide whos in charge?

Last edited:
Bushboy said:
nah, i doubt a meet with 500. just not enough interest in the UK imo and plus would be a nightmare trying to find somewhere to host it etc.
Well, you really need some interest from a major player, and if you could make it newsworthy, TV ideally, that would help. Ideally, something to capture the viewing motoring public's attention, and with enough lead time to organise it.

What about contacting Top Gear? 500 Fiat 500s? It's the sort of mad thing they might just go for, they certainly have the space, and it could just happen.

It would be interesting to see if the Stig fancied a lap in anyone's car.......

Tosh

If it's centrally located then I'll come. Why not in the Midlands, the locations in the name! Top gear's a good idea, would love to see the stig kill off my Cinq round their track.

If Sei's are in then im there!!!! If you want i can get it advertised on The Bay radio which covers the whole Lancaster/Morecambe area.....my dads well contacted :D also my dads company might sponser "us" if its for charity he won't mind the publicity :p and last but not least if ya want any signs or owt like that (bumperstickers etc) doing then i can sort ya out also!

BIG BIG Cento meet sound excellent :D definatly a good plan!

495 im in that sounds so much fun. just tell me where and when, i have about 5 more mates that have or looking in to getting chinqs.

Back