The Best Day of Your Life

Currently reading:
The Best Day of Your Life

sammiboo said:
actually christmas day is wicked spesh when your a kid. I used to nearly throw up with excitment

Only nearly I did throw up one christmas morning allover the fire place my grandad had just lit the fireas well nearly helped to put it out LOL Ah memories thats what makes us human I guess :idea:

i spent one of my christmasses as a kid in hospital - which is when i learnt about santa not being real.

and one christmas not too long ago worrying about a friend who was critically ill after a car crash so xmas isnt all good anymore :(

I can't think of anything specific which defines my "best day" apart from the obvious ones which half this thread seem to be using.

To be different, I know my best day will be when I finally complete my CIMA qualification. However today I took one step closer, got my results in this morning and achieved another pass in a module, real bitch hard one aswell, so I'm very chuffed this evening :D

buying my fiat :p only jokin

finding my lil poor dying frightened dog "suruff"... I don't know what life would be like with out her in it, or what hers would be like:(

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 16
I've been thinking about this question all day.....

I concluded that I do not have a single best day of my life, if I did it would have to be 22nd August 1983 when I was born.

I've had many a great experience in my life time and many a bad time but its all experience and the journey has lead me to meet great people who I have shared some of my best times with :) There has been laughter, tears, hugs, kisses, violence, damage to property and a whole lot more but I'll forget none of the memories and wouldn't do anything different :) (except all those times in the past I turned down sex... then again I might have caught aids and died) so nothing different :)

Lifes Good (y)

Trancendental, you are a legend of true common sense! :worship: :worship:
How can you possibly have one day better than any other:confused: ?
There are many,many great days in our life but never one above all others! I remember the birth of all my children (i was there!),I remember at the age of 14 losing my virginity to a 39 yr old divorcee, i remember the day i was released from Detention ctre after serving a month and i remember getting married, passing my test first time, finally having the balls to go it on my own in buisiness, i remember loads of things!
They have all been brilliant days in my life but none of em have been the best because like i said earlier, once ive had that day then what have i got to look fwd to? Life is one big adventure for me and long may it continue!:slayer:

I totally agree with Trans and Matt68. The best day of your life should be knowing that however good the days you've had already, the best is yet to come. If you've already had the best day of your life, then you'll never have anything to look forward to!

It's striving towards bigger and greater goals that gives man his inspiration. Very much reminds me of one of my favourite sayings:

"The point of a journey, is not to arrive". (y) (In other words, it's experiencing the journey and all that goes with it that is important, rather than just arriving at the destination.)

And I can't remember who said it (maybe the Dalai Lama - coolest guy in the world), but another saying is:

"The meaning of life is to experience life itself".

Oh so philosophical!

Last edited:
best day.. i'd say some day back in january, just one of them days with the right person - where everything seemed perfect, didn't really go anywhere or do anything, but everything felt right with the world and nothing could ruin that.

Aside from truly amazing days like James's birth etc. I think one of the best experiences I've had was doing a track day in a Ginetta G20.. The sense of speed was awesome.

Check out the Damon Hill style eyebrows :p

Attachments

• bobsride 097.jpg
    bobsride 097.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 14
  • bobsride 098.jpg
    bobsride 098.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 8
Back