General The back is de-badged

Currently reading:
General The back is de-badged

just some thoughts:

Rear light clusters - get some from a sporting (maybe tint them? Savage tinting spray is best - about £9 from motorworld), presumably you'll have orange front indicators and side indicators - get some clear ones also.

Exhaust - if you can't afford a decent backbox yet, a small chrome tip will go a long way looks wise and they're not costly.

bumpers as stated earlier - paint em to match the car.

wheels? - well there's lots of 13's from other fiats you could go for - check the classifieds and ebay.

A couple of FF stickers ;) ?

Then onto more practical matters - sporting suspension, will drop your car 22.5mm - looks and handles better.
And while you're at it a sporting Anti Roll Bar.

However - BIG warning here! Read on!

....all this stuff will cost money, and while you may love your car, you really don't want to do what I did.

I basically retro fit my old 899 (was a mk1 from '93), with all the sorting gubbins including full interior etc.

The car was bought for £500 as a very clean low mileage example.
By the time I'd done interior, exhaust, induction, wheels, suspension, ARB, stereo, bumpers etc... the total cost had run in excess of £1000 - for which you could buy a very very tidy sporting - probably already modded to some extent?

Then there's the insurance.
My Sei Abarth cost me less in insurance than my Cinq did - and the Sei has a bigger engine (and also exhaust system, induction and stereo equipment declared on policy).

I'm not saying don't go through with your plans, but in the long run you would be best selling your car and starting with a better basis for your mods.

Also modded 899's are a bugger to sell - only got £400 for mine despite it being completely sorted!

Here's some pics for your inspiration though:

bertie.JPG

bertie2.JPG

bum.jpg

Before Suspension change:
Bertie3.JPG

And After:
DSC01101.JPG

You'll probably have the plastic arch covers on the rear - look good painted to match the body:
archclose.JPG

just some thoughts: etc etc

Aww ur a nice guy, thanx for all the info. i do agree with you there.. the cinq sporting wheels are a nice look and clear indicators.. its a a nice noticeable difference with a few little things :)

im not planning on turning it into a super car. jus want to make it more presentable ya know. coz i dont think itll last too long.. and maybe move onto something else in a few years when i got sum money..

my exhaust has alot of rust on it.. and i can see some holes forming so wil av2 do that at some point.. maybe get a nice lookin back box.

yer and the FF sticker.. i just brought one :).. a silver one. but have no idea where im gna put it.. any ideas my friend?

yer money wise.. i fink ill jus get sum sporting alloys then.. and possibly paint them.. who knows lol :p get sum gd tires on it... and lower it 20mm me finks...

where did u get the red wiper arms from on front?.. want sum blue ones..

new fiat badge looks quite nicely actually..

ye the arches look nice.lol

theres a difference in the sporting lights to standard?.. or u mean like the covers that go over the lights?...

not gna buy a roll bar.. way too expensive for me lol.. and want to make sure its still sellable after to the average person if u know wot i mean :)

You know ur bumpers on there... mines just got a gap and not the thin rubber strip in them :S..

Thanks for all ur help.. (y)

Aj x

Hmm .. i kinda think a bit different from you :). I like the way the 899 looks with the black front and back bumpers. Also i love those amber indicators :D.

Just got to remeber, is easy to find a nice and tidy sporting , but is harder to get a nice and tidy 899 :D.

again is what you like :), i crashed my first 899 cinq, and i could of had a sei sporting, but i turned it down and found another 899 cinq !!!

just my opinions :D. But if you like all the sporting interior and all the colour coded bumpers, u 'Should' get a sporting, it would save you loads of money :)

Ming

Hmm .. i kinda think a bit different from you :). I like the way the 899 looks with the black front and back bumpers. Also i love those amber indicators :D.

Just got to remeber, is easy to find a nice and tidy sporting , but is harder to get a nice and tidy 899 :D.

again is what you like :), i crashed my first 899 cinq, and i could of had a sei sporting, but i turned it down and found another 899 cinq !!!

just my opinions :D. But if you like all the sporting interior and all the colour coded bumpers, u 'Should' get a sporting, it would save you loads of money :)

Ming

Hmm yer..understand wot ur sayin bout nice and tidyness...thats kinda all i want to do..hmm on the other hand i dont like the amber ones.. not with the blue car..some cars it suits nicely..
yer gd point bout buyin a sportin lol. but i dont have all the money in the world...i just want my little tractor sounding car to look nice.. not modded if u get what i mean...but have the little extras on it that makes people look at the car...

thanx for your advice.

Aj x

If you want it to look nice then you don't have to spend a fortune, just some time, short of turning it into a sporting clone anything you do to the outside won't have a huge effect.

I'd just invest a bit of elbow grease into it get it as shiney as you can and put some silicone prep on the bumpers and tyres to give that wet black look paint the exhaust tip silver with some exhaust paint and it will look fine. A well cared for older car to my eyes can look as good as a newer modified car

I basically retro fit my old 899 (was a mk1 from '93), with all the sorting gubbins including full interior etc.

The car was bought for £500 as a very clean low mileage example.
By the time I'd done interior, exhaust, induction, wheels, suspension, ARB, stereo, bumpers etc... the total cost had run in excess of £1000

And it still didnt go round a roundabout like a sporting:p:p:p

If you want it to look nice then you don't have to spend a fortune, just some time, short of turning it into a sporting clone anything you do to the outside won't have a huge effect.

I'd just invest a bit of elbow grease into it get it as shiney as you can and put some silicone prep on the bumpers and tyres to give that wet black look paint the exhaust tip silver with some exhaust paint and it will look fine. A well cared for older car to my eyes can look as good as a newer modified car

yer. lots of elbow grease. mite pay for it too all be properly cleaned out as i prob wont be able to put it back 2geva in the way it was lol.. coz it sounds like a tractor. want a K&N airfilter.. coz i looked and mine and its like.. black lol.. which wasnt original colour. lol..

maybe get new spray paint.. etc etc...

Aj x

Last edited:
ohoh :O :O, brooky that sound to me like a 899 vs sporting, in reality 899 > sporting :D

Just playing ;)

My 899 handle like a dream, after having the car lowered :D. Getting the tracking done soon :).

AJ, can i also recommended, make sure all the problem / services etc, before start modding rhe car , you don't want to throw all the money at it, then find out you don't have money to maintein / fix it.

Last edited:
ohoh :O :O, brooky that sound to me like a 899 vs sporting, in reality 899 > sporting :D

Just playing ;)

My 899 handle like a dream, after having the car lowered :D. Getting the tracking done soon :).

AJ, can i also recommended, make sure all the problem / services etc, before start modding rhe car , you don't want to throw all the money at it, then find out you don't have money to maintein / fix it.

lol!..:p
yer gna get it lowered at some point. and i had the trackin done last month i think.. it was sooooooo out. i drove it after and was like.. Oh..it doesnt feel like its gna tip over lmao. :p

and yer sound. thats what im gna do..takin it to mechanic.. and ask him to look at all the suggestions on another thread to make sure that everyfin is workin. got forbid theres no major problems on it.. i need my cinq.. lol. mot is in april so.. wont b doin much to car b4 then...jus odd bits and bobs. :p

fanx ycming... may i ask ur real name? lol coz i dont think thats ur real name somehow hehe :p

Aj x

Back