The Automotive 5.4 Firmware Upgrade and Blue&ME adaptor review

Currently reading:
The Automotive 5.4 Firmware Upgrade and Blue&ME adaptor review

TRANSLATION

INSTRUCTIONS FOR MODERNIZATION SW VERSION 5,4 BLUE&ME

ATTENTION If the Blue&Me works correctly with the telephones connects to you and not there is the requirement to listen to musical rows from new Apple products type iTouch or iPhone, is not advised to proceed with the modernization software.

The present modernization is not usable for the version Blue&Me NAV

If your car is of recent production could already be modernized, in the doubt it installs however the modernization to version 5,4, in such case the procedure will last little second ones.

The modernization process is an operation to execute following with the maximum attention the instructions. In case of errors the system could more not work.

It is remembered that once carried out such procedure, will not be more possible to restore the previous version software.
From situated official FGA www.fiat.it to approach the section of Blue&Me and it carries out download of the rows .zip containing the applicativo of modernization. [The dimension total of the rows to unload is of 45 Mb]
Scompattare the rows .zip unloaded in one opportune directory dedicated (es. c:\Blue &Me). To verify, to the term that is present the following rows:
  • install.inf
  • 82UP
  • C82E.cab
  • C82S_v10.cab
  • COU.pku
  • DEU.pku
To prepare one chiavetta of memory USB, with at least 128 abilities Mb, formattando the memory in modality FAT32in way to cancel all the data previously contained.
FAMOUS Gb is advised to use memories USB with 8 inferior ability to.

_ Memorizzare on chiavetta the USB in directory (the folder) main the rows previously it unloads to you, controlling that they have been all correctly brought back, the modernization does not come executed if the rows are memorizza you on the chiavetta inside of one directory.
ATTENTION Before beginning the modernization it is necessary to extinguish the cellular telephone

During the phase of modernization of the software the keys do not have to be pressed on flying!

The time of modernization depends on the car and from the model of memory USB, in average, it can vary from the 5 to the 15 minuteren.
  • On firm car and with key of starter in position STOP, to insert the chiavetta of memory in the taken USB of Blue&Me situated on the mobiletto they centers or in the drawer door objects.
(The modernization is not available for the cars equipped of not taken USB mediaplayer, not to use the taken USB of eventually present diagnosis on the telephone exchange)
  • To carry the key of starter in position MAR, WITHOUT TO START THE CAR, to ignite the radio being had cure to eliminate visualization of eventual messages of signalling (es. open door…) on display of the picture pressing the key “Mode” or “Menù” (to second of car to dawn).
ATTENTION Not to never extract for some reason the chiavetta of memory from the taken USB before that the modernization procedure software is completed correctly!

The pen goes left inserted, even if on the picture continuation from date and hour appears information “RIAVVIO then…” and the car radio resumes to play also for some minuteren.

• On display of the edge picture it comes visualized the message: “AGG. IN COURSE” and the vocal message comes reproduced “modernization started”. If this did not have to happen to bring back the key in position STOP and then newly in MAR. During the modernization they come it visualizes to you on display the some messages on the advance of the process.
  • To finished modernization, comes visualized on the display of the picture of edge the message “COMPLETED” and it comes reproduced the vocal message “completed modernization, to remove memory USB”.
  • process of modernization of Blue&Me it is completed, to carry key of starter in position of STOP and to extract the memory USB.
In case of modernization not completed, on the display “Error USB xx” will appear the message and will come reproduced the following vocal message: “It has been an error during the modernization”. In this case to repeat the procedure leaving again from point 1.

FAMOUS Respect to the previous version, some voices of menu have endured one variation. Here of continuation the differences are brought back:

It was: READER M.M. It becomes: AVERAGE PLAYER
It was: RIPRODUZ. IT CONTINUES It becomes: YOU REPEAT BRANO
It was: AGGIORNAM. DEVICE It becomes: (eliminated voice)

ATTENTION Once executed the modernization, the logon with the telephones already previously connects to you will happen automatically without participations, for first immediately successive logons to the modernization they could be taken place of the logoffs of the Bluetooth connection, in how much Blue&Me it will try several the protocols of connection in order to find the most adapted to the type of telephone.

On some telephones that support a particular protocol (PBAP) the rubrica will come visualized like Name and from like independently visualized Last name on the telephone.

The modernization does not increase the compatibility with forms musical where not already present AAC and MP4 to you on the car to the delivery.

For the corrected operation of the reproduction of the musical rows he is advisable to use chiavette USB with single rows audio, the presence of eseguibili rows or installation of other programs could involve rallentamenti or blocks of the reproduction

Be aware I bought an adapter and cant use it yet because I cant upgrade to 5.4, keeps coming up with an usb error. Hopefully the dealer can sort it but it means finding time to go to one!!

Good idea.
No, dont have one small enough. I think the ones I have tried are 2gb and 1gb.
I might try and find somewhere that sells 512mb, PC world doesnt do them checked yesterday.

Good idea.
No, dont have one small enough. I think the ones I have tried are 2gb and 1gb.
I might try and find somewhere that sells 512mb, PC world doesnt do them checked yesterday.

Hmm if you've tried 2 id rule that out as an option, the USB stick is deffo formatted FAT32? and theres nothing else on it other than the contents of the zip file (extracted to the root of the pen drive eg F:)

If its a Grande, have you tried both of the USB ports the hidden one under the flap and the one to the Left.

No its a Bravo, only have one port.
Yes its formatted Fat 32 and all the extracted files in the root of the usb drive.
It says updating then reboots the radio then says installing then reboots radio and says usb error 10.
I wonder if the files are not correct on fiat website??
As its 5.4.9 now I think (although its 10 on the cab file), was that the version you updated with.

I have the same problem as djdan00. I recently purchased a 59 Grande Punto and the Blue&Me iPod adapter.

I downloaded the latest update 5.4 from the Fiat website and placed the files on a FAT32 formatted USB drive with no other files on the drive (as specified). When I follow the instructions on the Fiat website, i.e. place the USB into the slot and then turn ignition key to MAR it says "Update started", then after a few seconds it says "Update failed, USB error". I have tried this in both USB slots (Grande) and on different USB drives, with the updates downloaded from different PC's.

The only thing I can think is that it already has the latest version of Blue&Me already installed on the system, but then wouldn't this mean that album tracks would play in order instead of alphabetical order? This is the only actual problem that I have with my iPod and Blue&Me system.

Any help/advice is welcomed.

Cheers!
:confused::confused::confused:

It should in theory still do the update and say update complete if it has the new software on (according to the instructions).

I dont think mine does have 5.4 because I plugged my iphone in via the adapter and nothing happens it just charges.
It does say 'media player' when you have usb stick in with mp3 on.

It should in theory still do the update and say update complete if it has the new software on (according to the instructions).

I dont think mine does have 5.4 because I plugged my iphone in via the adapter and nothing happens it just charges.
It does say 'media player' when you have usb stick in with mp3 on.

Watch out for an extra file appearing on the USB stick after the failed install, it will be a text log file of what happened and may have some clues in there.

I can't remember the filename but it will be in the root of the drive. Post the contents up here if you like.

Well here is the log file-

Device ID: 0x0014 0918 0b46
Detected:
Build = 6314
Hw = C1
P_Img = 1
6314_P

Doesnt tell you anything though.

Looking at the upgrade files itself there is no 9093_P folder where there is a folder for 6314_P which is what I have.
Dont know why this would be!! Maybe it already has 5.4 so its not included in the update file.

Ive booked mine in with the dealer to be sorted. Strange I keep getting usb error because Ive managed to install eco drive and I have tried a brand new usb for the update (which fiat.co.uk forums keep tell everyone to do)

Looking at the upgrade files itself there is no 9093_P folder where there is a folder for 6314_P which is what I have.
Dont know why this would be!! Maybe it already has 5.4 so its not included in the update file.

Ive booked mine in with the dealer to be sorted. Strange I keep getting usb error because Ive managed to install eco drive and I have tried a brand new usb for the update (which fiat.co.uk forums keep tell everyone to do)

We need to see the file after a successful update to check the final version number.

Can someone who has installed 5.4 find out whether AAC files will play from a USB stick, please?

I'm not so bothered about playing direct from my iPhone as my phone isn't always in the car - I'm sure the wife would like a better choice of songs on the USB and I can be bothered to convert everything!

To those who are lucky enough to have one of these adapters (cos its out of stock at the mo) can you tell me if the adapter just plugs straight into the usb socket and then the iphone mounts on top? without any usb wire? I was wondering if this is the case, wouldnt it be rather easy to accidentally snap the phone off or even break the adapter leaving bits still in the socket? :confused:

Its an adapter that plugs into the usb socket then the usb cable which came with your ipod/iphone plugs into the adapter.

The video review one of the other guys did shows you it plugged in.

Can anyone tell me, once they have upgraded to 5.4 and using the adapter, if their album tracks are playing in the correct order, or if they are only playing in alphabetical order?

.. If they are playing in the correct track order how did you manage to do this??

Thanks.

Back