General That ariel looks like we are radio controled!!

Currently reading:
General That ariel looks like we are radio controled!!

I want to change the awful ariel that fiat instaled on our lovely B's.

Mines a manual telescopic one, but when fully extended, reaches to the sky and when i look at it it looks like there should be someone with a remote control close by ready to get me moving like a toy car..

Anyway, my point is, Has anyone changed theirs? and to what to.

I think, one of those little B sting type would look much better.

The problem im having is no shops seem to sell them.

Any ideas where to purchase such a thing. ?

Jeez, I remember when AM CB's were illegal (you might not be old enough to remember!!) I had a 12 foot stainless steel whip aerial on a large base spring attached to the bumper of my Granada......if I went around corners fast it would take hats of pedestrians:D :D Those were the days sigh..........

I would be afraid that if you were to have one of those bee sting thingies, you would get one of those dyckheed type people trying to rip it off "because it's there":mad:

Ah, I know where this has come from eh KC? ;)

On our little spin through Windsor last week KC indicated to me that the pointy thing protruding from my back wing was slightly - erm - uncool!!!

And he's right, mine is a 'leccy aerial but points skywards in a jaunty kinda fashion, I like the idea of it being out of sight when the radio is not on so don't want the bee-sting but would like a shorter 'leccy one that does not make my B look like a Tamiya RC car.............

I like the ol' lastic-trickery one, but perhaps one of the stubby black bendy ones would be OK.

LRB! not entierly directed at yours, as even mine when up looks wrong, but it did get me wanting to change the type of aerial..

I quite like the look of a small b sting type, only problem there would be i,d have to unscrew it whenever i want to cover the B.(n)

maybe one of the internal amplified ones would be more appropriete . That way i,ll do away with the thing completely.

has anyone used these before and know if they work well?

KC, I am with you on that one - if I could find an 'invisible' aerial I would stick it on tomorrow..........

I think that looking in the wing mirror on my car is one of the best views in the world (depending on what's in your mirror)....looking over the 'haunches' of the B is only spoilt by a ridiculous pointy metal thing that sucks in radio signals!

I quite like the look of a small b sting type, only problem there would be i,d have to unscrew it whenever i want to cover the B.(n)

I've cut a hole in mine for the aerial (y)

Back