Currently reading:
Thanks to you all

but there's a subtle difference between me and a car:p

Sie
Black 96P Cinq Sporting
OMP Strut Brace, Apex -40mm kit, GSR F1i Induction, Pioneer ICE
routebanner.gif

Union Jackass

How subtle??? It is confusing, coz there are people on here with user names ending in Sei. Therefore, Paul is confused :p:D

New Fiat Ulysse 2.2JTD Eleganza, with options :D

Sorry sIE as Stuart has said, i confuse it with the Sei car - blame that and my lack of concentration sometimes.

I just failed my p2 exam so badly :(:(:(:(:(

I hate edexhel, why do they have to make the paper i take so different to all the others I have practised? I am really depressed over it :(

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.
vote_yes_for_paul.jpg

Because Edexell are an inferior exam board! U should use OCR ;):p

Disclaimer: Any incorrect lexicography or grammar is entirely the fault of your eyes
RichieCWaves.jpg

Well you've got your chance to prove me right next tuesday with a chemistry paper...it better be a good'en!

----------
vote_yes_for_paul.jpg

OCR are the board my college used for Maths. For P2, i went in, wrote my name on the paper, read through the questions, walked out. With the marks i got for P1 and S1, i had already passed with an E so i couldn't give a toss. P2 was always way too hard!lol

Sie
Black 96P Cinq Sporting
routebanner.gif

Union Jackass

what is P2?

Disclaimer: Any incorrect lexicography or grammar is entirely the fault of your eyes
RichieCWaves.jpg

I only need 117 out of 200 for an A, but I want(ed?!) A's for all my modules to have a chance at a scholarship at UMIST which probably won't happen now :(:(

----------
vote_yes_for_paul.jpg

lol stu, it's not as simple as that's, it's only because I have so many points carried through, normally you need 80 UNIFORM marks out of 100, so 480/600 in total for an A level...

I guess i probably would retake p2 in the future if i hadn't done well simple for myself - the paper today just didn't get along with me :(

----------
vote_yes_for_paul.jpg

Fair enough.

I have no idea of the current school exam regime! I was one of the first to take GCSEs back in 1988. I had already passed English O-level the previous year at age 14 [grade B :D].

Coursework was new back then, accounting for a percentage of your mark.

All my A-levels were done in one hit, maybe a multiple choice paper followed by a longer, written paper.

Ah, all in the dim and distant past now.......

lol Dave, nice idea, i forgot to add it to the CV i just took to the petrol station :( Maybe they looked at me anyway and thought "damn, it's Brad pitt" lol.

Stu, the system is sooooo very different nowadays!

Firstly the A levels are now split into A/S and A2 --> A level in total. You do the A/S in year 12 and A2 in year 13. Each one is made up of 3 modules, so you do 3 modules for A/S and 3 for A2, hence 6 modules are required for an A level.

You can do the modules mainly in January or June, with some maths being available in November, they can be retaken any number of times (i think) but most examing boards only allow you to use your present result/your last result, so if you retake twice, your first result is lost. Each module can be just an exam or it can be coursework or a mixture of two. For example:

My maths A/S was: P1, M1, S1 (p=pure, m=mechanics, s=statistics) all of which were exams of 1.5 hours and taken in June.
My maths A2 has been: P2, P3, S2 (S2 was taken in January and the other two in the last week) all again 1.5 hours.

My physics however has:

A/S: 3 modules, 2 are exams only, the other one is a short 1 hour exam plus coursework (half a module each basically)
A/2: 3 modules, same as above

Chemistry:
2 module exams each year, 1 module each year on practical coursework (including half a module for "open book" report in y12 which means you have to use sources to write x words on a subject they give you using chemistry etc. - quite difficult to get right for some people.

Then again, my school choses this method, other schools other ways (i.e. all exams done at end of year, we do one for each subject in jan in y12. Or no cwk, all exams, or more cwk, less exams - it also depends on subjects)

My prediction for the next few years is an A* a level grade simply because an A grade at A level doesn't differentiate between clever people (like me, hardworking but not anything special) and VERY clever people who deserve more recognition that to be in a group with me - I know 3 in my year who deserve so much in maths. An A in A level isn't the same as a top grade in the Internation Bac. which is why Universities have so much difficulty picking the best students - so many comes out with so many A's.......

It's complicated in other words btw.

----------
vote_yes_for_paul.jpg

And at the end of the day, it is this, or any governments, tinkering with it!

Obviously, each student will do the best they can according to the current regime! Only employers now have started to look beyond A levels and degrees, because they are all but meaningless - one thing I have learnt in 10 years of employment [soon to be employee] is that graduate students in this profession are a total waste of money - demand the earth in salary, yet know jack about anything!

I think this country needs to get back to basics, push the tech colleges, get the trades sorted [you tried getting a plasterer nowadays], get the scroungers in line on benefit, etc....

My, has this turned into a rant - must be after lunch time drinking :p

My A levels were 2 papers for maths and computers and 3 for physics...(1 multi choice, one short answer then the nightmare one)

i hate maths...but then...i don't have to do ot amymore! :D

good luck to anyone doin exams tho...i'm soooooooo glad i don;t have to take em anymore...

oh..and if anyone tells u your first year at uni is more difficult than A levels, they're lying. 1st year at uni is a doss...erm...as were the other 3 for me :D get a good circle of clever friends ;)

RichieCWaves.jpg

Originally posted by Stuart DemonD
And at the end of the day, it is this, or any governments, tinkering with it!

Obviously, each student will do the best they can according to the current regime! Only employers now have started to look beyond A levels and degrees, because they are all but meaningless - one thing I have learnt in 10 years of employment [soon to be employee] is that graduate students in this profession are a total waste of money - demand the earth in salary, yet know jack about anything!

I think this country needs to get back to basics, push the tech colleges, get the trades sorted [you tried getting a plasterer nowadays], get the scroungers in line on benefit, etc....

My, has this turned into a rant - must be after lunch time drinking :p

Not only is his woman hot, he also knows his s**t! What a guy:D

I gained nothing from 2 yrs at college. My employer didn't even ask what I'd done there. The interviewer was only intrested in my experience of work and working with others as part of a team. The fact I have a sexy voice is cool too;)

Sie
Black 96P Cinq Sporting
routebanner.gif

Union Jackass

First year at Uni is pathetic. I remember joining the second year of a BABS 4-year sandwich course, having just done a one year intensive accountancy foundation [full time, 21 hours a week]. As soon as I got there [as an outsider, mind you, coz all the other students knew each other from year 1], the first tutor recognised me and said not to bother turning up for any of his courses............

I didn't bother completing the second year, through other mitigating circumstances, and got a job instead.

Back