Technical Thanks... to Pete and Ben

Currently reading:
Technical Thanks... to Pete and Ben

Sebastian.hoquet

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Hey Ben, I hope your Bravo will behave now with the new clutch, let me know.

Anyway, Pete, the cinquecento is a 1993 sx, 899cc, and to reverse this car, there is no cable like that, simply because you can not push the gearstick down in order to reverse.
In some way, there should be another mechanism working in order to prevent grinding when you pull back the stick from 5th gear, and probably this mechanism will cause the problem.
Do you have any idea how this mechanism is working?

Thanks allready

Sebastian

Sebas

oops! having read the other manual, I find out that yup - this cable is only on the 1108. :I

Can you get it into reverse with the engine off? If so, it might be that the clutch cable needs adjusting.

Is there much free movement in the gear lever? The cable brackets in the engine bay might have worked loose and need tightening down, or the balljoints on the end of the cables could be worn.

I can find no mention of another mechanism, but if you still have problems I can ask around.

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
http://mysite.freeserve.com/close_to_cracking_up/

right just got the car back, £160 from mr clutch and wow what a difference it makes! ... it changes gear so smoothly now :)

however, i did get them to have a look at the gearbox, and although they didn't do any fixing on it, they said they did clean it up and bit and change the oil? so it might have been that that sorted it.

anyway, i'm happy now... although i have a feeling the heat sheild is going again, it was only temporarily fixed last time! [}:)]

ben

bravo 1.6sx
momo twin 17" alloys
k&n 57i induction
toad mp4 2-1 upgrade
fully debadged
smoked front headlights
black/clear side repeaters
rear lights tint sprayed black
full midnight window tint (front/back/sunstrip)

Back