General Tempra 1.6 1996

Currently reading:
General Tempra 1.6 1996

Mifffo

hello, just bought a tempra 96 for quite a bargain for its shape and milage, only done 85000 kilometers. Only a few minor problems which were rather cheap and easy to fix. However the drivers side mirror which is electrical with heating and alteration of the mirror glass, however the engine which changes the mirror downwards and upwards is broken, if i just could opent he mirror up and acess the motor i could fix it but im unsure if this can be done without braking the mirror glass. and in sucha case i can only replace it by buying the whole mirror which might end up at 200 euros. So if anyone knows how to take apart the mirror. without braking the glass or the casing to badly.

is there a chance that the mirror glass is on some plastic hooks inside so that i can jerk it out?

Hi, I don't know how to open the mirror without breaking the glass, however you could try looking at a scrapyard for a scrapped Tempra with a good mirror. Where I live it is easy to find scrapped Tempras for parts, don't know about your location, but it may be worth a try.

Mifffo said:
However the drivers side mirror which is electrical with heating and alteration of the mirror glass, however the engine which changes the mirror downwards and upwards is broken. So if anyone knows how to take apart the mirror. without braking the glass or the casing to badly. Is there a chance that the mirror glass is on some plastic hooks inside so that i can jerk it out?

I believe it is clipped in, but i'm not too sure. I have to fix mine as well as the wire to the heater has come off and is poking out under the mirror !. When i find out how to get it apart I'll let you know. Bear in mind though that if you do get it apart you might not be able to get the motor for the mirror.

It might be easier to get one from a scrapyard. I have seen them for sale on Ebay, there were several a couple of weeks ago.

There is also a company over here in the Uk who I have managed to get rare parts from (they sold me an intercooler for £60 instead of £450 from Fiat) they are FL Autos Fiat Spares, telephone 01778 440000.

Back