Temporary Car Insurance.. Age 21

Currently reading:
Temporary Car Insurance.. Age 21

Cheapest and easiest will probably be to get her to put you on as a named driver for the day.

My mum did that, cost her £10 for 5 days :)

Cheapest and easiest will probably be to get her to put you on as a named driver for the day.

My mum did that, cost her £10 for 5 days :)
I've looked into that before. Unfortunate my mum is with eSure which will temporarily insure me, but with a £25 admin charge each time plus the additional premium :yuck: To add me as a named driver for a full year cost more than half of what I'm paying for my own insurance on my own car - which is more valuable and in a higher insurance group. Shameful.

That's ridiculous. My girlfriend got a really decent quote the other day, £350 and she's lost her license once, has it back for a year now.

She said to me - "I just got a really good insurance quote from these guys, they're called Diva-something, you should really look into it...."

It took me 5 minutes to explain to her the relevance of the word 'Diva' in the company name.

Bless.

I remember doing a HPI check when I bought my car. With it you get 7days Comprehensive "driveaway cover" with Norwich Union. So you could just "check" your mums car,

As you are 21 I guess getting temporary cover shouldnt be such an issue, or is it 25? Anyway - at 17 it was impossible and ended up being the only "loophole" if you like, around the problem for me.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: The website you'l need is www.hpicheck.com and it costs £19.99

Last edited:
I remember doing a HPI check when I bought my car. With it you get 7days Comprehensive "driveaway cover" with Norwich Union. So you could just "check" your mums car,

Hope this helps.

EDIT: The website you'l need is www.hpicheck.com and it costs £19.99

Done exactly the same when we brought Dads car last month (y)

Worked really well :)

Jon.

Back