Technical Temperature gauge is bellow minimum level

Currently reading:
Technical Temperature gauge is bellow minimum level

paloskii

Recently I got immobilizer light on and I couldn't start my car. After removing negative terminal and replacing some relays, car is running again. On first run, I got no servo, with servo light on dashboard, and temperature gauge started moving up and down, never above 1,5 mark. After second start, servo is working again, but temperature gauge is not fixed.

This morning I noticed that on cold engine, gauge is fallen bellow minimum level, which never happened before.

My guess is that car achieving operating temperature but gauge showing half mark less than it should. How can I fix this? Any idea what should I start looking first?
Screenshot_20230507-190845.png

Are you sure the needle hasn't just spun round on its shaft
I don't know. The needle was playing up and down, until position on 1,5 mark on hot engine. Engine operating temperature should be on 2.0 mark.

When turn of the engine, I noticed that needle is sitting bellow minimum level. I assuming the readings are okay, and engine achieving operating temperature, just the needle is off set. Any idea how can I fix this?

At the 2 min mark

It's not unknown on the panda for the needles to get out of sync. Normally after an electrical problem has cause the needles to bang heavy into the stops

Thank you. Most likely I have this issue. However if I need to remove the dash I rather learn to live with that.

Before you can fix it you need to know the problem, if you can get a full version of MES and the appropriate leads you can make The gauge do a sweep of the needles to see if the servos that power them are actually working, it may be the servo has died it may be the servo is not getting the right signals, as you’ve had a lot of electrical problems by the sound of it, if it is all working ok it then may be a problem with the coolant temp sensor or wiring

I drove with OBD device plugged in, and the engine did not get to operating temperature.

The temperature is mostly around 82-83 C, and when I driving uphill can go to 87 C, but quickly went down to lower 80.

This is happening on very hot summer day. AC is on all the time, so maybe engine is getting extra cold air from the fan, or I have definitely a problem with the temperature sensor, thermostat or some other electronic issue.

Check the coolant level, it might be very low. The temperature sensor is positioned high in the cooling system and it only mesures liquid, not air. If the car is running low on coolant, air will be up in the system, around the temperature sensor. Temperature gauge moving up and down shows that the sensor reads the temperature whilst the coolant "hits" it.

P.S. If the coolant is on normal level, do a proper bleeding of the system. Air pockets around the temperature sensor gives the exact problem you have.

I am not sure what we are expecting here

80C and 87C are both in the dead zone at the centre of the temperature gauge

If you were looking at a working gauge not an OBD scanner it would just be sat at half way mark

P.S. If the coolant is on normal level, do a proper bleeding of the system. Air pockets around the temperature sensor gives the exact problem you have.
Coolant is normal, but is very dirty, with brownish color. I will do coolant flush and change when I will replacing timing belt.

I am not sure what we are expecting here

80C and 87C are both in the dead zone at the centre of the temperature gauge

If you were looking at a working gauge not an OBD scanner it would just be sat at half way mark
How much is operating temperature? I though it was 90-95 C

Back