Technical Temp Warning Light

Currently reading:
Technical Temp Warning Light

Brizey22

Hi All. Well Im back, and still clueless as ever. Problem arose with my Seicento 99 Sporting yesterday on way home from work. Didn't really need a problem to start, what with everything else :( Anyways, I noticed the temp warning light switch on, flicker about on and off repeatedly, disappear then come back on. Seemed noticeable over bumps.

Checked the coolant level, no signs of loss, and Im sure the fan came on when going home (although tonight do you think it would start for me...). The light also comes on when I just turn the key without starting the engine, dead cold. So could this indicate a faulty switch/sensor? If so any tips or advice for checking?

Also, there is a pipe/hose that is below the air filter that isn't rubber, more thin alluminium (best description) that runs into the engine. It is split round the base. ANyone know if this serious? No leaks from it or signs of anything.

Thanks all and sorry about the waffle.

CHeers :D

A common cause of overheating is ironically too much anti-freeze fluid in the coolant mixture. The warning light should light up when you turn the ignition and then go out as described. I would suggest checking all of the hoses and water pump for leaks and splits. I would also wait for a few more replys from the more technically minded on the forum :)

Rich

Too much coolant causes overheating? Thats interesting. The temp light hasnt ever come on briefly when starting the engine first time before, which makes me wonder whats wrong if it should appear then disappear. Will check the cable to see if it has been disconnected. As stupid as I am, where should I be looking at and what for? Thanks so far for the tips and advice. :worship:

Anyone with any help or advice to where I should be looking for the temp sender would be much appreciated. Planning on sorting it this weekend without taking it to the garage if I can... :bang:

Back