General Temp sender gague location, page #

Currently reading:
General Temp sender gague location, page #

DrEggs

Hi there fellow Fiat owners.
Recently bought an R seg sx 1.2 for wifey, cracking little car ill say first off.

Had a cpl 'teething' issues ive managed to resolve by reading this here forum, ie rear washer not, well washing, now it does, dislocated rear hose jobby (y)

Biggest worry is the temp needle not working. Ive had a new 'switch' i think it was put in while i had timing belt renewed for precaution. Though the problem still exists.
Ive searched the forum and found a reference to the sender guage, in the manual (haynes) I cant see a reference to the 'sender guage', if i could even get a page # it would be a big help.
We have had engine overheating probs befor (on diff car), so are very keen to sort this out.

Great fourum btw, shame this wasnt about (like the net) when i had my X19 :D

if you are standing in front of the car looking into the engine it will be on the left side rear of the enginejust around from the timing belt., it should have a red rubber cover over it., unplug the wire going into it and ground it on something metal and the needle should go up on the dash, if it does then you know its the temp sensor, if it doesnt then the problem is the gauge.,

MM, chrs for info their m8, im sure thats the bit i had replaced, Ill try that grounding 2morrro, see what happens then.
Thx again.(y)

Back