General temp gauge on the stilo

Currently reading:
General temp gauge on the stilo

steaker

my temp when the cars been running for a while sits bang on half way , is this the norm as ive not had the car long.

Very rare my Stilo's temp gauge moved above halfway. In fact, rarely had the fan come on. The fuel gauge is far more interesting; it does the usual "wow, that went off full very quickly" to "wow, I've only got quarter of a tank left" to "it's been on the yellow light for about 100 miles". Mind you, its still more reliable than The Coupe's gauge which goes from 3/4 full to 1/2 full depending which way you are going round a corner! :D

I've recently brought a OBD2 connector and over the weekend just gone, hooked up my laptop to the car.

Temp guage sat dead on half way and the laptop said the coolant temp was 92 degrees. Sat with it ticking over for a good few minutes and that reading didn't change at all.

(y)

My temp gauge normally sits in the middle after about 4 minutes (5 miles) of driving my car and stays there.

You sure can tell when i start my car up from cold though.

my gauge can be funny, sometimes it can take about 15 minutes to climb up to halfway, sometimes less than 5 minutes- it depends on which route i take to work- and how much i have the heater turned on

I have been worried about the thermostat because of this, but everythings working ok, and has done for the last 2 winters since i noticed this

Perhaps get it checked out by someone, something might be wrong, especially if it is running there. I got told by my driving instructor (about 18 months ago), that the light should always be in the middle (or within a few degrees of it), otherwise something is wrong :confused:.

My JTD is taking longer and longer to warm up as the mornings get colder.

Back