Technical temp gauge is a bit high

Currently reading:
Technical temp gauge is a bit high

Yuvalgerson

Hello , I’m new, I have a Meara 1.6 16V. two days ago it overheated, looks like that thermostat failed to open because the lower hose from the radiator was cold when it overheated. I replaced the thermostat but now the temp gauge is a bit high, the themostat opens when the needle of the gauge is almost in the center (the previous thermostat open at lower temp) and the small speed fan cuts in a bit above the center of the gauge. I tried to replace the temp sender but they gave me a wrong one, the temp was over the ¾ all the time so i put back the old one. Do any one have the resistance table for the temp sender?
[FONT=&quot]Any other idies?[/FONT]

I've got a 1997 1.6 16V Marea as well.
The reading at normal temp is ½ way, if you find out that this is wrong, i would like to know :)
You'll find some data on the coolant temp sensor attached. (poor quality but readable)
In icewater (0C) it should measure 10Kohm.

Cheers
Michael

Attachments

• TempSensor.JPG
    TempSensor.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 56
thank for the replay, i need the chart for the temp gauge unit (it is located near the one you send) . a general question, from were did you send the the pic' i have a different book with out all this data.

Hi.
I'm not sure what temp sender you refer to, isn't it the the coolant temp sensor?
All temp sensors (wing sensor, air intake- and coolant sensor) are NTC resistors.

I've got the original FIAT workshop manual in PDF's (see enclosed front page)
You can browse it in MS Internet Explorer.
It covers all models.
The Size is 662MB.

Cheers
Michael

Attachments

• Workshop Manual.JPG
    Workshop Manual.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 37
on the thermostat housing there are two sensors, one with two wires which is connected to the ECU and one with a single wire (has a red cap) that controls the temp gauge in the speed panel. i found and bought the original one. today unfortunately the water pump started to leak and i need to replace it, it will be nice to have the PDF

Hello , I’m new, I have a Meara 1.6 16V. two days ago it overheated, looks like that thermostat failed to open because the lower hose from the radiator was cold when it overheated. I replaced the thermostat but now the temp gauge is a bit high, the themostat opens when the needle of the gauge is almost in the center (the previous thermostat open at lower temp) and the small speed fan cuts in a bit above the center of the gauge. I tried to replace the temp sender but they gave me a wrong one, the temp was over the ¾ all the time so i put back the old one. Do any one have the resistance table for the temp sender?
[FONT=&quot]Any other idies?[/FONT]

Just so's you know, my 1600 16v always reads slightly over halfway when running normally, and fan cuts in a smidgen over that.

She's run without a hiccup that way for the last 40,000 miles in my ownership.:)

Back