Technical TEMP GAUGE DIES SOMETIMES

Currently reading:
Technical TEMP GAUGE DIES SOMETIMES

RodriKapi

Hi, i recently bought a used grande punto 06 and when i make a big travel like 50kms or more sometimes the temp gauge simply dies and comes back after 10 seconds or so, and the check engine light comes on, im wondering if its the temp sensor or its something related to fuses etc... because its only on large travels and when it dies i can feel a power loss on the front beams at night, but its only for 1 second, tnx for any help! (my eng is not the best!)

Hi, i recently bought a used grande punto 06 and when i make a big travel like 50kms or more sometimes the temp gauge simply dies and comes back after 10 seconds or so, and the check engine light comes on, im wondering if its the temp sensor or its something related to fuses etc... because its only on large travels and when it dies i can feel a power loss on the front beams at night, but its only for 1 second, tnx for any help! (my eng is not the best!)
btw i checked all fuses and seems to be ok!

Hi RodriKapi,

Did you find a solution to your problem?

My 06 Grande Punto has also started doing this randomly.
Driving along and the temp gauge just goes to zero or max and beep and engine light come on.
Then either;
1. It starts working again and engine light goes off after leaving car switched off for long time.
2. Temp gauge goes back to normal for some time then back to zero.

Your lights might be dimmer because when temp gauge goes to zero the cooling fan is permanently on. (overheat protection?)

Hi guys. Did you find the solution for the problem? I have the same problem on the trip over 30km. Obd says P0074 outside air temperature sensor circuit intermittent.

Back